photos of around southern adelaide?

Guest nicandchris

Guest nicandchris

hi my OH has doubts about aussie as we live in yorkshire, i want him to get a feel of how lovely the adelaide area is and for walking the dogs (whom prefer the countryside to the sea). nic

Hi

I am from Yorkshire too and the hills or coromandel valley, eden hills, blackwood and belair are lovely areas. The hills are different here than the rolling moors but each to their own I suppose. I don't have many landscape pictures of the area but I am sure someone will.

I would take some for you but the weather is not good at the moment and that would give a false impression. I think your OH posted on here the other day about being worried about the move.

I would suggets that you check out housing aand use google maps and street view also Adelaide Hills Tourist Attractions | Adelaide Hills Regional Development Board

and

South Australia - Adelaide, Barossa Valley, Clare Valley, Kangaroo Island, Maps, Hotels, Online Booking

Rental Properties, Homes for Rent and Apartments to Lease - realestate.com.au

and

www.adelaidebound.com

We have been here just over 9mth and have experienced a lovelly long hot summer and now the weather is pretty cvold and wet but then it is winter. You also have to consider work prospects for you both too so check out agency websites together. The more you talk this through and gain as much information as you can.

Adelaide and most of the suburbs are large open parks or reserves they call them here so plenty of places to walk the dogs.

Hope you can find what you are looking for.

Michelle

x

Have you got Google Earth on your computer? If so, then in the Layers section (bottom left) tick the Panoramio Photos box. Little blue squares then appear on the map as you zoom into an area and there are loads of photos dotted all over Adelaide and the southern suburbs for you to look at - they have been uploaded by all different people so some are better than others - but there are loads of lovely scenic photos. You can also use google street view to check out the view.

Guest mez10

Nic,

I'm from Yorkshire and Janet is from Derbyshire, we now live in Flagstaff Hill. Its not like the Dales but the views and walks are just a good.

Hopefully I've attached some photos of the Sturt Gorge which is 5min walk from our house and the beach which is about 15min drive.

The kids love walking through the Gorge looking for Koalas etc.

Just look on Google earth and you'll see how many parks etc there are in SA.

We love it here, just so much to do and see.

5min walk to the Gorge or 15min drive to the beach (a lot better than 2hours drive to Skeggy)

Good luck.

Darren & Janet

Guest nicandchris

hi there thanks for this, ironically although chris is from Northampton im also from Derbyshire!Yes Yorkshire is lovely but from the photo's adelaide has lots to offer us and lots of beautiful places to walk the dogs! thank you

Guest nicandchris

Hi Chris says that Adelaide must be good by the sounds of it as he used to go to Buxton regularly for his motorbike weekends and loved it there. A friend of ours who is touring South Australia at the moment on a motorbike has texted and said how great the roads are for motorbiking anyway.

Nic and chris

Guest Guest75
Hi Chris says that Adelaide must be good by the sounds of it as he used to go to Buxton regularly for his motorbike weekends and loved it there. A friend of ours who is touring South Australia at the moment on a motorbike has texted and said how great the roads are for motorbiking anyway.

Nic and chris

There are some great roads in the hills ,one is aptly named Corkscrew Road;);)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest calamitycaz
hi im from Ilkeston i havnt lived there for years but my family live there so go back when i get the chance, buxton is lovely!

I'm in Ilkeston....but not for long! 96 days till we fly :jiggy:

Caz x

Guest calamitycaz
hi do you work at ilkeston hospital?

Hi again, no I work as a midwife at Derby Royal and as a Staff Nurse at QMC in the A+E dept...I like to keep busy lol :biglaugh:

Caz x