The Royal Adelaide Show

Guest The Dimmocks

Guest The Dimmocks

We just booked tickets for this, looks really good. Anyone been previously. If you book tickets in advance you get them a little cheaper and also can get money off if you got concession card.

Adelaide Showground :: Royal Adelaide Show Home

Looking forward to it and the Showbags look good, so will be buying a few of those I think.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest guest3462

Hi Michelle,

We went last year, and apart from having the federal police searching for a lost Lizzie we had a blast!! We are going again this year on the 5th (Lizzie will be suitably restrained!!!)

I will say though, that the police did a fantastic job at calimg us down and searching for her. I had taken photos of her during the day and within minutes every police officer and security guard had an image of her to find her. Richard found near to where we had lost her in the car showroom, she had clipped herself into the seat quite comfortable!!!

My fave place is the showbag hall and I can't wait to have a good look in there again - the bags made fantastic stocking fillers when seprated and cost peanuts!!

We want to see the wrestling pigs and the bananas in pyjamas this year!!!

You're going to have a great time!

It worth a look, but its overpriced. The cost is extortionate (but as long as you know you that before you go you will have a good time) and you spend a fortune there. The Yellow Brick Road is Good though.

It should be free to get in, then the overpriced rides etc wouldn't seem so bad.

We go every other year.

Going back to the price, that's the fun fair bit, seeing the shows, animals etc is good and free!

Church, interesting what you say about the showbags, they are definitely rip off big time!!!! I know they have perceived value, but the stuff is rubbish!! Kids love them though.

Guest The Dimmocks
It worth a look, but its overpriced. The cost is extortionate (but as long as you know you that before you go you will have a good time) and you spend a fortune there. The Yellow Brick Road is Good though.

It should be free to get in, then the overpriced rides etc wouldn't seem so bad.

We good every other year.

Going back to the price, that's the fun fair bit, seeing the shows, animals etc is good and free!

Church, interesting what you say about the showbags, they are definitely rip off big time!!!! I know they have perceived value, but the stuff is rubbish!! Kids love them though.

Wont be heading to the fun fair as our kids to little for that, looking forward to seeing the animals more. We had the magazine come yesterday and already told hubby will have to take plenty of cash with us. Some of the bags look really good, and can put bits away as Christmas presents for kids.

We going on Saturday Julia, hoping to see The Fairies and to pet some Dinosaurs x

We went for the first time last year....avoided it like the plague for 4 years! lol

Its okay...the kids enjoy it for the rides, to be honest thats pretty much it really. Not that fussed over the displays etc...although the flying pig was quite funny last year!

Showbags are okay, but like Matt says....bit of a rip off...but must confess, my boy got the nickelodeon's show bag last year and that was pretty good...he is still using the rucksack for school, that was one of the contents in that show bag.

If you are not careful, you will spend a fortune...and to be honest you really don't have to... My kids know what they have to spend for the day and once its gone...tough! Take lunch and drinks, that should help with the cost...i am pretty sure they have lockers there..(cant remember!!!)

To be perfectly honest....really not sure what all the fuss is about.. the show bags are mostly crap....the rides are okay...and yeah if you like seeing farm animals again and again and again..great....lol

Anyway, i am going again this year...my kids enjoyed it and thats the main thing!

Guest The Dimmocks
whats the show bags and carnival cash?? am i missing something???

Showbags - AboutUs

We had a magazine about the show with our flyers yesterday, all the showbags you can buy are in there with prices.

Think the carnival cash is for the rides, if booked in advance save money.

x

Guest The Dimmocks
Not arguing, but what on earth is in any show bag that you would give as an xmas present? I haven't seen the list this year so things may be good now.

And this is 2011 so how do you pet Dinosaurs???

You not arguing LOL I will give my kids whatever I like as a present :biglaugh:. If you do happen to come across a list then take a look. Lots of bags with rucksacks, umbrella's, caps, cups etc etc etc. Great stocking fillers.

I know how much money they are and how much I want to spend.

All I wanted to do was let people know about the show not get into a disagreement about things.

11.30am Dinosaur Petting Zoo - Not quite sure what it is, but looking forward to seeing it. 2011 maybe you need to check your diary :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest guest3462

Last year we spent around $400, but that included showbags, fairground and food and drinks as well as bits we bought in the halls. This year we will be investing in a locker and taking a picnic.

Adelaidenow, we have small children and the stuff in the showbags may seem cheap to some, but little kids love it! The rucksacks etc are great for kindy and the little dress up kits are fab for stocking fillers, last xmas my 3 yr old was delighted to get her angelina ballerina dress up kit. $15 in a showbag - $50 in target!!! and it's still going strong!!!

Riponian, the showbag hall is a must, theres hundreds of stalls each selling little goodie bags that range from $5 -$50 depending on whats in them. The kids love them!!! Look on the website for the wishlist. And carnival cash is prepaid tickets for the fairground rides, it means you get a miniscule discount, but they are still majorly overpriced!!!

At the end of the day though, The show is a fantastic family day out and you can spend as little or as much as you like and we look forward to it!

Last year we spent around $400, but that included showbags, fairground and food and drinks as well as bits we bought in the halls. This year we will be investing in a locker and taking a picnic.

Adelaidenow, we have small children and the stuff in the showbags may seem cheap to some, but little kids love it! The rucksacks etc are great for kindy and the little dress up kits are fab for stocking fillers, last xmas my 3 yr old was delighted to get her angelina ballerina dress up kit. $15 in a showbag - $50 in target!!! and it's still going strong!!!

Riponian, the showbag hall is a must, theres hundreds of stalls each selling little goodie bags that range from $5 -$50 depending on whats in them. The kids love them!!! Look on the website for the wishlist. And carnival cash is prepaid tickets for the fairground rides, it means you get a miniscule discount, but they are still majorly overpriced!!!

At the end of the day though, The show is a fantastic family day out and you can spend as little or as much as you like and we look forward to it!

Thanks Julia heard it's a good event but my OH is not into all this stuff will have to try and persuade him!

Guest The Dimmocks

At the end of the day though, The show is a fantastic family day out and you can spend as little or as much as you like and we look forward to it![/quote

$400 wow, wont be spending that much. :)

Kids love McDonalds, KFC etc too but it doesn't make them right either.....

Don't get upset with my reply (or feel a need to respond), as I said we go, and we get show bags, but I want it highlighted to newbies what to expect ;)

Kids love McDonalds, KFC etc too but it doesn't make them right either.....

Don't get upset with my reply (or feel a need to respond), as I said we go, and we get show bags, but I want it highlighted to newbies what to expect ;)

Thanks I have no idea what to expect and I am glad everyone is helping me make informed choices about it all :)

Guest guest3462

Lol we won't be spending that much this year either hun!!! Last year we had Richards parents here and we just went all out on whatever we wanted. This year we are taking our own food and drinks and we have told the girls they have $100 when its gone its gone!!! But WE WILL be buying the showbags!!! lol x

Over half the population of the state of SA go every year, I think that says its worth going to.

Between my other posts take heed of the advice about the Yellow Brick Road, its worth the $10 (?), it's healthy and kids love it.

You don't have to spend a lot on food, there are normal cafes that aren't overpriced.

Guest The Dimmocks
Over half the population of the state of SA go every year, I think that says its worth going to.

Between my other posts take heed of the advice about the Yellow Brick Road, its worth the $10 (?), it's healthy and kids love it.

You don't have to spend a lot on food, there are normal cafes that aren't overpriced.

What is the Yellow Brick Road thing, from what I read on website do you go round collectings bits from all the stalls???

Guest The Dimmocks
That's pretty much it. You pay at one of the kiosks, near the gates, and get a map, and you need to get you card stamped at certain points, at those points you get products, yogurt, kiwi fruit, oranges etc. The kids love looking for the stalls to get their gifts and enjoy getting the stamps.

Looks good, may get one for my daugther. Thanks.

May see you there, will fight you for the best showbag :biglaugh::biglaugh: