Real English Pub?

Guest t-pot

Fox n Firkin gets my vote - so nice to go in a place that doesn't have pokies too! The landlord was saying when he first came out here from the UK several years ago, a real english pub was one of the things he really missed, so he decided to open one himself! Not south though....

Guest WhatNow?

The Three Brothers at Macclesfield is owned by an Aussie who lived in the UK for a while and loved English pubs so set out to create one here. Walking in you get the 'feel' of an old village pub and he stocks about 50 different English beers (in bottles unfortunately!) including Marstons and Robinsons. The menu is v good and the atmosphere is great. Busy though, understandably....

Oh and it has a well in the miiddle of the restaurant...

The Three Brothers at Macclesfield is owned by an Aussie who lived in the UK for a while and loved English pubs so set out to create one here. Walking in you get the 'feel' of an old village pub and he stocks about 50 different English beers (in bottles unfortunately!) including Marstons and Robinsons. The menu is v good and the atmosphere is great. Busy though, understandably....

Oh and it has a well in the miiddle of the restaurant...

That sounds good - another one to check out, thanks! I like this thread! I was wondering what to do at the weekend when the weather is not forecast to be so good, seems the answer is right here!!

Guest Kodak Ghost

Depends what you mean by an English Pub. The one of our dreams ( Bathams or Wadworths on tap and great food reasonably priced produced by someone who can actually cook) or ones of reality (Choice of three beers – badly kept Watneys or M&B and overpriced microwaved food).

Staying away from pretend Irish pubs, I go to - in the City - Wheatsheaf , The Gov ( near Entertainment Centre), Duke of Brunswick and out of the city Aldgate Pump, Three Brothers Macclesfield and few others. All keep good beer, have a good atmosphere, with a coterie of locals, and good well priced food. ( ie Bruswick has $12 MSA Steaks on Weds – and Vale beer, not bad).

Will try some of the other suggestions!

Guest Aussie pat

Aussie pat's other half here.

You could try the British in North Adelaide. It's on that street parallel to Melbourne Street - can't remember the name of it. I'm looking forward to giving the other suggestions a go - must get out more!!

Guest Guest75
That sounds good - another one to check out, thanks! I like this thread! I was wondering what to do at the weekend when the weather is not forecast to be so good, seems the answer is right here!!

It's a regular call for us when we are out that way.

The menu is a bit poncy but they have Old Speckled Hen on tap --------------- at $13 a pint!:shocked:

B&B's there as well - could end up as an expensive weekend!!!!:wacko:

The ambience ain't bad. OK beer garden

Met a lady there who's friend bred Bedlington Terriers (our doggies) in our home village of Pudsey - small world!!

Guest caoimhe

Was at the Fox & Firkin last night, lovely food (menu a bit limited), hubby pleased about getting a ''proper'' pint and beautiful surroundings. Did work out a bit expensive though $210 for 2 adults and 4 kids although we did have desserts:)