McLaren Vale restaurant

Guest STINKY FEET

Guest STINKY FEET

Hi,

I passed a newish place on the Main Road in McLaren Vale the other day. I didn't make a note of the name and can't find it in yellow pages or online. There was a cafe down the side and it says the name of various wineries on the cafe blinds.

I think it says it is a tapas place. Does anyone know the name please. I fancy trying it .

Thanks in advance

Clare

reading between the lines there Kat, would you say Oscars is no longer as highly recommended as it was?

We went to the Barn the other day, after hearing so many good reviews. Food was very nice, but I have to say, the service was so shocking, it put me off returning. There were plenty of staff, indeed they kept looking at our table full of empty plates for about 15 minutes, maybe it is just me, but that is one of my pet hates :skeptical:

Will keep an eye on this new pace, looks good.

Guest katsmajic

Oscars is a victim of its own success - theyve extended it etc as its so busy to capitalise on the business - but made no real improvements kitchen or kitchen staff wise.

Service has pretty much always been shocking in Oscars and most places tbh, the barn's service reputation is dire, vaserelli's too, its all down to the short service hours - owners/managers cramming in a massive amount of people in a short space of time.

My time at oscars was on many occaisions hell - 100 meals ordered in less than 15 mins and managers/waitresses screaming at you because customers are complaining about waiting more than 20mins for a meal.

Theres a 6 ring cooker, with oven, and a 900m grill plate in that kitchen and one massive walk in fridge that you have to run to for everything - no fridges/fresh things are in the kitchen area - the last place i did that volume of 'proper' food had 2x6ring cookers, 3x900mgril plates, a proper cold larder section, 5 small fridges and 1 massive walkin fridge....and double the amount of chefs....and we still got smashed.

Ive always said the food is fab at oscars (well it was when i was there) and the fact their so busy ALL the time says their reputation is growing and growing.