Tea Tree Gully Pantomime

Diane

For anyone in the North East looking for some good traditional Christmas entertainment, the Tea Tree Players are putting on a "King Arthur Pantomime" on the following dates:

Fri 19th, Sat 20th November

Fri 26th, Sat 27th Nov

Fri 3rd and Sat 4th Dec

Evenings Shows Fri and Sat, Matinees each Saturday

Tickets from Gary on 8289 5266

It's bound to be brilliant coz No. 1 daughter is in it! Mostly adults though, but lots of "oh no he isn't, oh yes he is" stuff and other audience participation, she tells me...

I think so Stevo - I go up Hancock Road, and turn left at the Yatala Vale Road roundabout and the theatre is just on the right hand side. It's next to the Tea Tree Gully Soccer club bottom playing field.

The Tea Tree Players are the Am Dram group that meet there - they have a kids and a youth group as well as the adults. The adults put on two or three shows during the year, the youth group put on one (this year they did a musical, "Bats") and for the panto they all get together.

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd bump this one up as first night is tonight. Tickets can be booked from the Tea Tree Players website (I think) King Arthur - The Pantomime | Tea Tree Players

Caught the last ten minutes of the dress rehearsal when picking Lucy up last week and it looks like it's going to be a great production, with lots of audience participation, so if you're looking for somewhere to take the kids in the next few weekends, there you are!

Lucy reckons 3 and 5 are a good age for the panto. She says the little kids laugh at the slapstick, and there's some subtle verbal stuff in there for adults and bigger kids too! The 'concession' price ($10 I think from memory) is for kids, pensioners and other people with concession cards, but the tickets have seat numbers on them so for littlies sitting on parents laps throughout I guess they wouldn't need a ticket. It lasts around couple of hours though (including intermission) so depends whether they'd sit on laps for that long! Basically I reckon everyone that wants a seat, needs a ticket! If they know the words/tune to Puff the Magic Dragon that's good too (although words are provided - if they're able to read them!!)