Day On The Green with Rod Stewart

Guest Devon

Just booked my tickets for seeing the old git on 02/03/08 at Mclaren Vale.

These are great days out (although tad expensive sometimes depending who's on) You really get a feel of Aussie life - especially if the sun's out - went to The Pretenders the beginning of the year and it poured down but was still great fun as everyone mucked in!:v_SPIN:

Thats so cool Devon. We went to see Bob Dylan a couple of months ago at the entertainment centre. I don't really "get" his music but paid to go just because he was here in Adelaide and he is a bit of a legend.

I saw advertised yesterday Elton John appearing at the Barossa in November! Now thats pretty cool. Anyone got tickets for that?

J x

I wanted to go to that one! Was he good? There have been some big names here over the last year - they seem to have found Adelaide too! I wanted to go to the Bryan Ferry/Joan Armatrading but OH wouldn't go! What makes me laugh is we did go to IL Divo - I typed that bit quickly hoping no-one saw :biglaugh:(although he went under real protest)!!!!!! Now that was quite corny I have to say so I felt quite guilty:nah:

If you're into music best to register with the biggies ie Ticketmaster, Day on the green etc - you get to buy the tickets before they go on public sale and usually get them cheaper too - worth doing if you can cope with the news letters going to your e-mail

I wanted to go to that one! Was he good?

:nah: I couldn't understand a word he was singing!! He just rambled into the microphone. But hey, at least it got me out of the house.

Thanks with the tip about registering on Ticketmaster. I'll get on to that.

I would really love to see Justin Timberlake or Kelly Clarkson but OH just refuses to go. We are seeing the Police in January though. They are a little before my time, more OH era, but again I guess it would be cool to go and see Sting.

J x

Guest cockney lass
Just booked my tickets for seeing the old git on 02/03/08 at Mclaren Vale.

These are great days out (although tad expensive sometimes depending who's on) You really get a feel of Aussie life - especially if the sun's out - went to The Pretenders the beginning of the year and it poured down but was still great fun as everyone mucked in!:v_SPIN:

Hi, can you tell me, are these concerts any good with children. I think my OH would like to see old Rod doing his thing, but would probably need to take a 3 and 7 year old. I just had a look on the website and it said that kids go in free, in general admission, but just wondered what the reality of taking kids would be.:goofy: My 7 year old really likes him too, especially his song oooh la la (?), knows all the words and always sings along.

Cheers for any advice.

Guest dglamoore
I wanted to go to that one! Was he good?

:nah: I couldn't understand a word he was singing!! He just rambled into the microphone. But hey, at least it got me out of the house.

Thanks with the tip about registering on Ticketmaster. I'll get on to that.

I would really love to see Justin Timberlake or Kelly Clarkson but OH just refuses to go. We are seeing the Police in January though. They are a little before my time, more OH era, but again I guess it would be cool to go and see Sting.

J x

We are off to see Kelly Clarkson in March :notworthy: JT sold out now unless you buy the $560 tickets :wideeyed:

Ticketek is another good one to register with - they notify you when tickets are coming up and you can prebuy some of the shows. We got tickets for Pink and Gwen Steffani through them.

Lisa:v_SPIN:

Hi Ozadele, tickets were $99.00 each. Register with Day On The Green (over internet) and fingers crossed they will still e-mail you with offer if you want to go, although pre sales end tom at 5pm EST. Other than that they go on public sale on the 8th (shouldn't be too much more cost wise)?! You can get the VIP tickets but they range from $280 - $570. We did the VIP tickets before for the Chris Issak day and The Pretenders day but to be honest more fun was being had in the General Admin part, so we wasted soooo much money as we spent most of the day in there! The only time we did go to our seats some Gen Admin people were trying to get into seating bit and so the performers shouted don't get into trouble we'll come to you - walked up the centre bit and so were behind us for a while!

Hi Cockney lass, we don't have kiddies so don't know how easy it is - all I can say is that lots and lots of people had theirs with them in Gen admin and to be honest they looked like they were having loads of fun as well! Everybody sits on their picnic rugs and/or chairs with a picnic - you can leave them and wander off - the picnic stuff not the little ones:biglaugh: it is just a really good atmosphere so sure you'll be ok! There are food/drink stalls around as well (if it is the same Barossa valley and Clare valley had so should be the same) and of course the wine tents :wubclub: - well they are held at the wineries!

Hope you have fun if you go too