To rent or not to net

Guest rami.helmy

Guest rami.helmy

Hello ALL,

I'm arriving Melbourne for the validation trip this month, and mid next year plan for moving to Adelaide permanently.

I'm thinking whether to rent a car on arrival to the airport for my 10 days validation trip or depends totally on Melbourne public transportation?

Any advice/suggestions please :) ?

Thanks,

Rami

The public transport in Melbourne is very good. They have a pretty good train and tram system. We've only ever taken our car to get to Melbourne from Adelaide and then we usually leave our car at our accommodation and commuted in by public transport. Whenever we've done something else we get caught up on their toll road (even tho we've tried to avoid it) and looking at maps instead of scenery and gone in a bit of a loop and loopy also! It also depends how far out of Melbourne you are wanting to travel. When we go we usually concentrate up to 15kms around the city so public transport has been good.

Guest WhatNow?

Haha I can relate to that - signs from Tullamarine airport led us to travelling in completely the opposite direction to the one we wanted and the map didn't help much. Years later a cabbie took me the 'correct' way onto the route toward Adelaide and said he thought that the road signs were deliberately misleading! In the UK I lived near to the 'New' M6 toll and found that folk made the same comments about that...i.e. that it led people to think they had to travel on the Toll Road...wish I could remember which way he told me to go to get away from the airport in the right direction and would pass it on if I could, haha!