Call to Arms for all England supporters

Diane

As I've said in another post, after their fantastic support during the Ashes, it looks like most of the Barmy Army have gone home, as they definitely haven't been heard very much at the ODIs recently - perhaps that's why the shine has gone off the England team.

So anyone in Adelaide who's an England cricket supporter - let's make ourselves heard tomorrow at the Oval and then if it does go pear shaped, at least it won't be for lack of support!!

Altogether now....Oh Jimmy Jimmy, Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Anderson.....:bells1:

Guest Guest5035

diane............will you be at the Oval? also one for the women Australian cricketers, they did what the men couldn't do, win the Womens ashes series against england.

stevo

injured my arse....http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/news/Swann-drink-driving-trial/article-2980659-detail/article.html

Ah but Swanny was only DUI because his cat was stuck under the floorboards so he went out to get a screwdriver to rescue it.... mitigating circumstances in my book!

But yes, Jimmy is back, and Broady is back to recuperate in the warm Aussie summer rather than cold english winter. Swann and Bresnan have flown home. It's a very long tour and I should think lots of the lads are really missing their wives and families. Can't blame them for not having their hearts in this series really, when they've done what they came here for and have their eyes on the World Cup. Just hope there are no more injuries.

Guest Guest5035
Ah but Swanny was only DUI because his cat was stuck under the floorboards so he went out to get a screwdriver to rescue it.... mitigating circumstances in my book!

that story is a bit of a spin isn't it

stevo

Well done the lads - don't care what happens in the rest of the series now, they won in my home town and that's what matters! Have to say though, a day in the sun and too much alcohol turn some of the crowd into borish (boarish?) animals. The personal abuse to the players fielding near us was very crass - not even funny - and made me glad I was supporting England not Australia sometimes! Always a few that let the side down. Standing on the hill, surrounded by a mix of aussies and english supporters, the atmosphere for the most part was great, some ribbing of course, but very relaxed and lighthearted.