Planning a party for a 6yr old, HELP!

Guest Sarah2110

Guest Sarah2110

Hi, my son is 6 years old in just over 2 weeks. We have only been here 3weeks. We live in Hallett Cove and I need ideas for where to go. Someone mentioned an indoor play area around here / Marion but I can't find it on the web. Please help, any ideas gratefully received, many thanks Sarah.

Sarah,

There is Play N Fun at Christies Beach.

We have been to a couple of parties there.

The owner used to advertise on here.....Think shes and ex pom.

If you join you get a discount on the party price.

Hope you son has a nice day,

Its our Fins 6th next Wednesday.

The one in Marion is not as good as good as Fun and Play.

Rob and Mel

And the other thing you could think about is Scalex World (if you don't mind the drive to Ridgehaven - well worth it I'd say). Scalex World - Home

We had the most fantastic birthday party there. You don't need hoards of kids, I think up to 12 are included in the price but it would be worth it for 6 or more. You just take your own food, they do the MC-ing of the races, the computer system records who wins each race, and at the end there's a little presentation ceremony for the first 3 places. Age-wise younger siblings would do fine, we had a few 3YO sibs join in our party and it was a family gig. Dads can help the younger ones. There is a separate room at the place, so it has a nice feel to it. We had an all boys party (first ever) but I think girls would love it too. I always wanted to try Scalextric when I was younger but my only male cousin would never get the scalextric out when we visited.

oh eta I think there's another similar place near Marion but I also think I am right in saying Scalex World is better.

There is also a soft play area at the Salvos at Aberfoyle Park (Little Footprints), nice place for a party but a bit tamer than Play and Fun. Bowling at Marion(Bowl land), pool party at Noarlunga Pool, also at the leisure centre at Noarlunga is Fit kids which is another play area with zip rides, bikes, swings etc they do up to 7 year olds I think.

There are also train rides at the Wilfred Taylor reserve every 2nd Sunday, nice place to set up a picnic and I think you get as many rides on the minature trains for $5 each.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

The one in Marion is not as good as good as Fun and Play.

Rob and Mel

If you are talking about Hocus Pocus up by Event cinema they closed on 5th December. :arghh:

But will second Little Footprints, my daughter had two parties there :notworthy:

Or there is Plaster Fun House in Brighton, she has been to a party there and enjoyed it :jiggy:

Regards

Sandra

Hi,

LAYGO BIRTHDAY PARTIES FOR ALL YOUR LEGO® FUN

Try the above link, if he likes lego/building. (although a bit expensive)

Not too far to travel either!!

Theres also McD's or Hungry Jacks??

Good luck

Sarah x

Looks really good but does anyone else think we should be supporting such a TERRIBLE AND ANNNOYING pronunciation of the word Lego????!!!!!!

For me it's right up there with Uno. Like, Italian for one, last card in your hand and all that. Not "You Know". Thankfully DH didn't take long after he met me to embrace our more accurate pronunciations but family here still not converted.

Actually it's one of the reasons I homeschool. :biglaugh:

Oh, and for anyone who hasn't moved to Adelaide yet, it's not too late. There are some states in Australia that actually do say "Lego" instead of Laygo............

Looks really good but does anyone else think we should be supporting such a TERRIBLE AND ANNNOYING pronunciation of the word Lego????!!!!!!

For me it's right up there with Uno. Like, Italian for one, last card in your hand and all that. Not "You Know". Thankfully DH didn't take long after he met me to embrace our more accurate pronunciations but family here still not converted.

Actually it's one of the reasons I homeschool. :biglaugh:

Oh, and for anyone who hasn't moved to Adelaide yet, it's not too late. There are some states in Australia that actually do say "Lego" instead of Laygo............

LOL!! I correct my kids everytime they say 'Laygo!!'' ....Its 'LEG O' !!!.... think South Australia is the only place that says it wrong!!

Guest glitter

Hi Sally,

Im a bit of an expert in this field as I have operated a kids party company for 5 years here in Adelaide. I can advise you that 6 yr old boys would be bored at footprints, its small and aimed at pre-schoolers. I used it regularly when my kids were little and its the perfect spot for catching up with friends for a coffee whilst the little ones play. My 6 yr old boy (now 11 yikes!!!) loved the whole swimming party thing. Marion swim centre offer a good price and there is bbq to use for a sausage - great way to do something you would never have done in the UK!!!

I obviously run SPlodge childrens entertainment buy we are a mobile service so cant offer you a venue option. We see some super parties and actually the best ones we tend to find are the get togethers at a local park with a bit of hired kids entertainment or face painter for an hour letting the kids run, climb and play on the park equipment for the rest of the time. Take your own food and shade and perfect, ideal on the budget too.

Good luck and if you need any other advice please PM me I wont try to push splodge down your neck, honest!!!!!