International Rugby 7s in Adelaide

Diane

It's coming up to that time of year again, and for anyone new or anyone that hasn't been before, if you like rugby even a tiny bit (or like looking at some incredibly fit men running around - either works!) then you really have to go along to the Rugby 7s at the Adelaide Oval on the weekend of 2nd and 3rd April.

Here are the details: Adelaide Sevens | Tournament

The game is fast and furious, so you don't have to have too long an attention span to enjoy it, and the audience is almost as much fun to watch as the onfield action, with the Fijians, Samoans and Kenyans in full voice, and a great mix of all nationalities in the crowd. There are threats that Adelaide may lose this event to another city after this year, which would be a devastating loss (for me, anyway!)

Many of the players from 7s go on to play "normal" rugby for their country (such as Ben Foden and Matt Banahan to name but two in the England side) and you gt a real up-close view.

Am I waxing too lyrical? Honestly, I've been for the past few years and it's such a fun day (or two)!

Diane

PS England, Scotland and Wales are all playing - and England and New Zealand are currently top of the rankings neck and neck this year! Hong Kong tournament is the weekend of 25/27 March so you can watch that on Foxtel to get in the mood if you like!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest5035
. Wheres everyone planning on sitting and I will try and and say hello?

Diane will be at the players race going weak at the knees and her tongue hanging out:biglaugh:

stevo

LOL No the nice thing about the Sevens is that you don't need to wait for that Stevo - as each team plays its final match, the team goes round thanking the crowd, posing for pics and signing autographs.

And as I'm old enough to have given birth to most of them I'll keep my tongue firmly in my cheek where it belongs!!:P

Diane

Guest Guest5035
, posing for pics

And as I'm old enough to have given birth to most of them I'll keep my tongue firmly in my cheek where it belongs!!:P

Diane

Well re the piccies you'll be first in line then, and at 35 the youngest in line;);)

Stevo

Guest Nick11

Diane

Never heard of the saying...'you're only as old as the man you're feeling':biglaugh: