Things for the Children

Guest Lynda&Adam

Guest Lynda&Adam

Hello all

We arrive in June this year & was hoping some one may be able to give us some suggestions of museums/places/beaches/pools where we can take out children aged 10 & 7? I doubt they will be very impressed with the initial things we need to do so was hoping to mix in some fun along side setting up bank accounts, tax file number etc

Many thanks, Lynda

PS, if any one would like to hook up then feel free to contact us, it would be great to meet new people once we get there

Guest MADTOM
Hello all

We arrive in June this year & was hoping some one may be able to give us some suggestions of museums/places/beaches/pools where we can take out children aged 10 & 7? I doubt they will be very impressed with the initial things we need to do so was hoping to mix in some fun along side setting up bank accounts, tax file number etc

Many thanks, Lynda

PS, if any one would like to hook up then feel free to contact us, it would be great to meet new people once we get there

Hi Lynda

Where are you going to be living?

Guest Lynda&Adam

We will be staying with family in Angle Vale until we get a rental. We are open to Seaford area or nearer the city, Magill area maybe. Will have a good drive around & get a feel for places once we get there & hopefully work will tie in as well

Guest Ric & Paula

So much for the children,but as you said the initial couple of weeks getting things sorted out is boring for them.I have a 5,9 and 11 year old.They have enjoyed the zoo and pandas,the Big Rocking Horse at Gumeracha,and the petting area and toy shop there.We have been to Cleland and Mt Lofty,as we knew a few trips were in the pipeline with rellies we got a 12 month membership.They have enjoyed the local beach at Semaphore,cycling along the esplanade,finding"heaps"of parks and crab fishing on the jetty.Dolphin cruises at Port Adelaide are fun,and a Maritime museum there too.We have been to the museum in the city and art gallery,which was good on a wet day(air con when hot!).When you get chance when you get here,find a library and get a free copy of "Adelaide Child".It has loads of suggestions for children,lots of coffee shops have them in too.Good luck,ours have settled very quickly and love Adelaide,it's good to just walk around the city and river too and that doesn't cost a heap!

If you're up at Angle Vale, take the kids to St Kilda play park one day - great fun and totally free. Also there is the Gorge Wildlife Park at Cudlee Creek which is good fun. When we were first here, we bought some cheap rollerblades too and spent a lot of time in Linear Park and similar. Reminds me, I must see if they are still in the garage....!!