adelaide easter weekend

Guest robertreynolds

Guest robertreynolds

im flying down to adelaide for the easter long weekend to meet up with some mates..

just wondering what there might be on that weekend that would stop us Scots just sitting in the pub for the whole weekend like we normally do when we get together

I wouldnt mind a wee trip somewherre, wont have a car but woundnt mind hiring one..

last time is was down for a week and we all hired a houseboat on the murray and that was a great laugh

something to get us all out the city, something cultural, cheap if possible..

any suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Cara&Gav

Hi,

Just saw your post & thought I'd give it a bump to see if you get some replies before the easter weekend. I'm sure you'll have a fab time.

We haven't been to Adelaide yet but I hear how lovely the wineries are and what a nice trip & then you can have a drinky too.....

Have fun

Cara

Have a look at these guys: http://www.wineloverstours.com.au/site/toursnews/toursnews/ and perhaps do a tour of one (or more!) of the wine regions. Weather forecast is good for the weekend here, and the vineyards look wonderful at the moment, plus the wine is excellent, and the wineries very friendly and welcoming!

Or give these guys a call and organise a bit of kayaking: http://www.adventurekayak.com.au/

This is out of the city and cultural in a way! http://www.barossavintagefestival.com.au/ starts this weekend. Any of the wine regions would be great... camping/weekend in the southern Flinders is always great - beautiful walks around Alligator Gorge - lovely pub food (and Bundaleer wine cellar door) at the fantastic North Star Hotel in Melrose - just 3 hours out of the city.

Guest Squareman

I have the perfect activity for you and your mates. Why don't you rub anchovy oil all over yourselves and then got for a swim at dusk along our coastline? I will personally take you out to sea in a boat.

No surrender! ;-)

Guest Squareman

Diane, please understand that Adelaide doesn't need the likes of Robert and his mates. He represents a very evil organisation that has no place in our society. The mere presence of this organisation is enough to drive house-prices down and turn our milk sour.

Have you seen Lord of the Rings? Remember the Orcs? That's EXACTLY what they are like!

Diane, please understand that Adelaide doesn't need the likes of Robert and his mates. He represents a very evil organisation that has no place in our society. The mere presence of this organisation is enough to drive house-prices down and turn our milk sour.

Have you seen Lord of the Rings? Remember the Orcs? That's EXACTLY what they are like!

LOL Awww, what's the matter with them? Is it coz they is Scottish??

(And not seen Lord of the Rings sorry - tried watching it to drool over Sean Bean but fell asleep halfway through everytime!!)

Guest Squareman

They aren't really Scottish, Diane. As per their logo, they are in-between Scottish and Irish. Sadly, neither the Scots nor the good folk of Ireland have any time for them. They are supporters of the Celtic football club, a most vile and putrid organisation. Their supporters are easy to spot. They wear the same green and white hooped shirts each day of the week, are usually unemployed and have a total disregard for personal hygiene.

They probably meet under the bridge in Sydney. Trolls love hanging out under bridges....

Funny how you can go off people very quick:)

im flying down to adelaide for the easter long weekend to meet up with some mates..

just wondering what there might be on that weekend that would stop us Scots just sitting in the pub for the whole weekend like we normally do when we get together

I wouldnt mind a wee trip somewherre, wont have a car but woundnt mind hiring one..

last time is was down for a week and we all hired a houseboat on the murray and that was a great laugh

something to get us all out the city, something cultural, cheap if possible..

any suggestions?

I think Adelaide is shut this weekend..