BROOME and DARWIN

Guest Guest5035

Guest katieb

We spent a week in Darwin last September and my brother-in-law is posted there with the Aussie Army.

I would do the Jumping Crocodiles Cruise down the Adelaide River.

Oh and prepare to sweat alot from dawn to dusk :-)

Katie

Guest Guest75

Quite a few things to do in Darwin.

There is enough there just to have a walk around the centre.

Go around to Cullen Bay to have a meal and stroll around the Marina - lots of money around there!

Go to Aquascene at Doctors Gully (2 mins from town centre) and feed the fish by hand.

Aquascene : Aquascene Doctors Gully Darwin Northern Territory

Go for a sunset cruise on a Pearl Lugger around the bay. Most put on a fantastic seafood meal.

If not keen on the water.

Have a meal at Lizards. It's where the locals eat and lively

Please wait...

You tube vid..........

Broome is ok i guess, maybe i'm a bit tainted because i worked there for a while. Cable beach is sensational, some nice galleries, couple of nices cafes and pubs, but thats about it, in my opinion, if only for a day, go see the pearl museums.

Be aware of a large alcohol problem with the locals who congregate on the main reserve in the town centre, which is one of the nicest bits of the town for sitting and chilling out.

Most "whiteys" as we were called in Broome head to Cable Beach where there are stunning hotels, cafes and the gorgeous beach itself. If staying for more time, there are the staircase to the moon, and the horizontal waterfalls to go visit.

I agree with what has already been said.

I particularly enjoyed the Aquascene feeding of the fish by hand. (Darwin) Amazing experience. Also fascinating to see how much the tide went out in just the shortish time we were there. Also the Mindil Markets at dusk is enjoyable. As someone else said, expect to sweat a lot. I find the sun in Darwin, even in winter, to be very 'bitey'. Didn't like walking around much in the middle of the day.

Broome - Cable Beach. Pearl farm. We also did a two day, one night four-wheel drive trip to the Kimberleys. Very interesting.

Guest Lisado

I love Darwin. Its so small to walk around and staff in shops etc are great.

Brilliant place to go and spend time to relax is Cullen bay. Lovely marina with fab restaurants