Good Friday

Guest Buttons

Guest Buttons

I've been told that everything is shut on Good Friday, including pubs. Surely the cafe's and restaurants are open?

Why on earth does everything shut? What about the tourists? What are they supposed to do if everything is shut?

Guest seekingsunshine

I dont think 'everything' is shut lol ! Ikea will probably be open :) slso I would have thought wildlife parks will be open -we went to cleaned wildlife park on new years day as was the only place we cld think of that was open!

Animals still need to be fed do I would guess the zoo will be open-otherwise tourists can always go to the beach/parks :)

Our small local foodland is open over the entire bank holiday weekend-it gets crazy busy but St least we can get hold if the essentials if necessary!

People often seem to gripe bout Adelaide shops being closed on a bank holiday-I like it! If I worked in the retail business I'd be thrilled someone was considering the poor workers for a change!!!

I did find it odd when we first arrived as a great Uk past time is shopping especially on bank holidays lol but now It doesn't bother me at all-I wld much rather be at the beach/park etc

Enjoy the bank holidays :)

Guest Nick11

Just been to my weekly food shop at woolies at 7pm. Struggled to find a parking space and the queues for the tills were down the aisles!!!!

Ozzies seem to celebrate Easter a lot more than xmas.

Bugger about Bunnings...hubby is putting our new kitchen in this weekend!!!!!

People often seem to gripe bout Adelaide shops being closed on a bank holiday-I like it! If I worked in the retail business I'd be thrilled someone was considering the poor workers for a change!!!

Heh. My little brothers-in-law both work for Coles and are pleased to work as much as possible this weekend because they get bonus pay :D

I am kind of surprised at everything being closed, given how much money UK shops make over bank holiday weekends!

Guest seekingsunshine
Heh. My little brothers-in-law both work for Coles and are pleased to work as much as possible this weekend because they get bonus pay :D

I am kind of surprised at everything being closed, given how much money UK shops make over bank holiday weekends!

That's true!I guess some workers will want to make as much money as possible!!

I still get shocked at the level of closure here for Good Friday, in Birmingham for years we worked Good Friday and had Tuesday off instead, I never even knew it was a special day. 2 years ago I stayed in the city for Good Friday and everything in deed was shut. The only place to eat was the major hotels and they charged 15% extra for drinks and meals, and with Anzac day as well, Adelaide is shut for 4 days out of the 5.

Even this year we have tried to go out with friends for Good Friday, and Outback jacks other places we tried are shut. Apparently on Good Friday a lot of Adelaidians don't eat meat, never heard of this before, but i'm not religious.

There are places to go, and usually the more rural or suburban the better the chance.