port noarlunga to north adelaide

Guest cyprus2001

Guest cyprus2001

hI THERE CAN ANYONE TELL ME ROUGHLY HOW LONG DRIVE FROM PORT NOARLUNGA TO ADELAIDE CENTRE WILL BE AND THEN PORT NOARLUNGA TO ADELAIDE NORTH MANY THANKS.

HUSBAND HAS WORK IN NORTH ADELAIDE BUT WE PLAN TO LIVE SOUTH? ? ? ?

ANY HELP PLEASE..:goofy:

Guest Ian the Electrician

Drive would prabably take 40 - 45 mins depending of time of day, there is a direct train line from noarlunga to Adelaide city and that takes 30 mins. Add an additional 20 mins to the journey to get through town to the north of the city.

Guest cyprus2001
Drive would prabably take 40 - 45 mins depending of time of day, there is a direct train line from noarlunga to Adelaide city and that takes 30 mins. Add an additional 20 mins to the journey to get through town to the north of the city.

thanks yeah husband working in woodville, industrial area i understand and really needs to drive as needs car for work calls, so we looking at about an hour then, is the traffic on the roads real bad like over here in uk or only bad approaching the city area?:)

Guest Guest75

I's a fairly long trip.

Shame the job is in the north.

Port Noarlunga is becoming very popular at the moment I notice.

Nice place,right on the beach and affordable!!:cute::cute:

Multiple speed traps, road works, traffic lights, road rage, and above all, the joy of the company of your average Adelaide motorist behind the wheel of a killing machine..... wouldn't subject my OH to that for up to 2 hours a day, five days a week, just to have a house near the beach! Specially as you could live nearer his work and still be at a great beach within 30 mins tops, and not be on heart attack medication by the time you're 50!

Just my opinion though.....:D

Multiple speed traps, road works, traffic lights, road rage, and above all, the joy of the company of your average Adelaide motorist behind the wheel of a killing machine..... wouldn't subject my OH to that for up to 2 hours a day, five days a week, just to have a house near the beach! Specially as you could live nearer his work and still be at a great beach within 30 mins tops, and not be on heart attack medication by the time you're 50!

Just my opinion though.....:D

calm down or you might need the medication....port noarlunga is a great place to live.cheers mark:biglaugh:

calm down or you might need the medication....port noarlunga is a great place to live.cheers mark:biglaugh:

Get down off your high horse, Mark. Nobody was asking if it was a nice place to live, but if it was a practical place to live when the daily commute each day is going to take an hour at least.

Can't understand why everyone has to turn everything into a north-south thing! Why so defensive? If someone was coming over with a job at Flinders (in the south d'uh!) I wouldn't suggest they move to Highbury as a first option! For goodness sake....

Get down off your high horse, Mark. Nobody was asking if it was a nice place to live, but if it was a practical place to live when the daily commute each day is going to take an hour at least.

Can't understand why everyone has to turn everything into a north-south thing! Why so defensive? If someone was coming over with a job at Flinders (in the south d'uh!) I wouldn't suggest they move to Highbury as a first option! For goodness sake....

dont think it was a north-south thing mate.i dont know where you live but ive done that drive many times and always made it home safe.just a bit of a joke about calming down lighten up for goodness sake........

When we first arrived in Adelaide my hubbie worked in the City Centre and we lived in Port Noarlunga, he used to get the train because the service was pretty reliable and fairly cheap, well cheaper than petrol/parking...

If he drove he always allowed a minimum of 45 mins to get there but to be safe an hour!! He was on shift as well so not usually travelling at peek times.

Now the train line is closed for maintenance work so the roads are even busier in and out if the city.

He HATED every single minute if the commute either train or drive and found it a real drag to do the journey... ( now works 5 mins from home)

I would recommend living closer to work if possible... which will give more leisure time rather than sitting in grim traffice jams everyday.

Heidi

Guest Guest75

Perhaps try a bit of a compromise.:cute:

It is a long journey and agree with Diane about the distance at least.

Perhaps cut out some initial stress by taking a short or even long term rental nearer to work. Then you have plenty of time to decide where you would like to live permanently.

Diane knows the north well so she should be able to steer you in the right direction .

Guest cyprus2001

thankyou everyone for your advice, we were going to rent n port noarlunga for initial period of approx 2 months whilst we discovered what journey to work like and give us time to investigate other areas possibly closer to work . thankyou. sorry to dianne and mark didnt mean to cause any problems there. Road rage and hours drive sounds like the m25. lol. we can all but try.

Stuff it mate you wanna live in the south and be 5 mins from a beach...then go for it my friend...i would rather be 5 mins from the beach than half an hour any day....

My dog would hate being in the car for 30 mins for a quick run on the beach....

As for the north south thing you did ask the question and state the alleged dissadvantages of living in the south.......

HG

Guest katsmajic

I regularly travel from Aldinga up to the city, and way beyond too at times....takes me 50mins to get to Currie Street, if the expressway is in my favour. Due to my job i've learnt an awful lot of shortcuts and back roads - as soon as i hear of an accident i head out, to belair/glenelg ways, north of city down through fullarton rd/mitcham/belair is a really nice drive, even at 5.30/6pm an d you come out at the start of the expressway - result.

I usually do munno para to aldinga in 1.75hrs leaving MP at 5ish...

I know i couldnt bear to live in the north, even though i've seen some lovely estates up there.

It takes Yonks to get any real distance across this sprawling City during peak times.I honestly cannot believe some of the times quoted on similar threads.The Traffic at peak times really needs to be seen to be believed,along with Traffic lights and Roadworks,accidents etc. Last week it took me 1 hr to get 14 km to Hindmarsh Square in the City centre, from Brighton at peak rush hr,that's the truth.All the way gridlock.Avoid peak time Rush hour if possible.:D

Guest katsmajic

The CBD is what takes the longest to negotiate - i go round it, although sometimes its quicker to come through north adelaide, straight down King William Street and out the other side....

its worse at the moment as the train line down south is OOO so more people are driving, cos the bus service is pants.

Guest cyprus2001

thank you everybody all the short cuts everyone has listed i have saved in my favourites so maybe he can try a few different ways, he travels quite far to work here so if theres any improvement im sure it will help, he doesnt always have to be office based which is even better by the sounds of it.

:jiggy: