SKi/Board in Europe/States or somewhere else...

Hi

I have only briefly started at looking for skiing in the Northern Hemisphere so my knowledge is very limited so I am hoping you guys can help.

We have boarded in France and the states before and we have friends in the UK who we generally go with and we have ruled out coming down here as it's just too far and we want to go around Feb 2012 as it Hubby's 40th.

Anyone know where the best deals are for us from here either travel agents or flight deals etc would be a big help!

Just need to get idea of cost etc to see if it a viable option.

Hope someone can help...

Thanks

Michelle

Have a look at Japan - I don't know what it's like since the tsunami there, but know a few people who have ski-ed there from here. Their winter is our summer so Feb would probably be ok.

Incidentally, if you're into skiing and fancy a weekend away, Our Deal has an offer today for a weekend break in Mount Buller: http://www.ourdeal.com.au/deal/mt-buller-chalet-hotel-and-suites/?ref=gvzlx&utm_source=Adelaide%20-%20Daily%20Alert&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=Standard&utm_content=Featured%20Deal&utm_campaign=OurDeal%20Daily%20Alert

Guest guest3462

we had an absolutely amazing time in Bulgaria! Great kids ski schools and fabulous apres ski (babysitter permitting of course lol ) it was very reasonably priced too. It worked out cheaper to fib a little and buy the learn to ski/board package as this included ski/board/boot hire and all access lift pass which was so much easier and about £200 cheaper!!! then we just took our own boots anyway and went off on our own once we got there. (I took the lesson first day as a refresher as I am the snow plough queen lol) we went with going places as they have their own ski company.

Thanks ladies certainly some food for thought their... Not sure what the plan is yet but the more info I have the better so keep the ideas flowing.

Some else recommended going to Japan or somewhere East can't remember and it's supposed to be amazing their.

Do you ladies know the best way to book from here? Any decent Internet sites or just use flight centre or book each element separate and direct?