Port Noarlunga or Hallett Cove??

leelee53

Hi,

We will hopefully be making the move very soon, once we complete on the house! We are looking at the different suburbs South of the city, and quite like the look of these 2. Just really wanted to hear from people living over there and their honest opinion in reccommending them to others as an ideal initial place to live.

We want to be close to the beach, parks, amenities, with affordable housing. Would also be interested to know of any other suburbs that fit our bill! ;o)

Many thanks,

Lisa :notworthy:

Guest Coleybear

Seaford Meadows is a brand new area and is close to shops and the beach and is affordable with a family. Port Noarlunga is a bit pricey as is Hallett Cove for what you get size wise in a property. Depends where you are going to be working really? We both work in the City and we use the Southern Express way to get into the city each day. Feels like we are always on holiday being so close to the sea. I am an Aussie that live in the UK for 10 years and brought my husband and son (2 years old) back with me to live in SA. After a year we are settled and very happy! Best of luck!

We live a bit further south than the burbs you have asked for, we live in Aldinga Beach and love it down here its pretty quiet but some good shops just up the road.

Has a post office, medical centres, dentist regular bus services to Noarlunga and Seaford, and very very awesome beaches just a couple of minutes drive down the road too.

There is some more building work going on i have heard that this going to be a rec centre of sorts, and also rumour they are going to be building a new pub....hope so lol.

Hope this helps somewhat.

HG

The 2 areas you've mentioned offer different lifestyles, Port Noarlunga has quite a few cafe's and Resturants for the size of suburb and the beach is fantastic, although it does attract the teenagers in the summer as a hangout. Hallet Cove is a better area for access to the city and glenelg, the train line runs straight through and it's only a short drive to beaches either side of hallett cove. It does have a good shopping centre and most houses offer sea views, but hallett cove beach is just rocky.

Parts of Christies Beach and O'sullivans beach are also ok.

Having lived in Sheidow Park initially and now down in Port Noarlunga I love it here.

As the above posts have mentioned they are very different. You can't really tell until you get here which you will live best. Both offer good primary schools and with the R12 in Hallet cove is a good option for most.

We never really wanted to live down this far from the city but you have to go where you can get a rental at that particular time.

With all the will in the world you can choose the suburb you want to be in and not find anything suitable at that time.

To be honest I think I would live in pretty much any of the suburbs around here but for me I can walk to the Colonandes and to the beach and the local shops in Beach road PERFECT :-)

Most areas have their ugly and dated streets but Hallet Cove is less like that and it is bigger so you tend to get more choice.

Good luck with the house sale. I would search older threads to get a broader view of the area.

Michelle

Hi,

We will hopefully be making the move very soon, once we complete on the house! We are looking at the different suburbs South of the city, and quite like the look of these 2. Just really wanted to hear from people living over there and their honest opinion in reccommending them to others as an ideal initial place to live.

We want to be close to the beach, parks, amenities, with affordable housing. Would also be interested to know of any other suburbs that fit our bill! ;o)

Many thanks,

Lisa :notworthy:

Don't think of anywhere until you arrive. I say it ALL the time but peope who decide on a place from looking on the net or reading people's views on a forum are BONKERS!