What to do for a 75 year old?

Hi folks,

got my dad coming over for Xmas etc.....his 75th happens early january..........

My Dad has been EVERYWHERE a sailor can possibly have been.

So, on the day, i am planning an afternoon event, but really want to give the experience of a lifetime.......

ayres rock might be a bit hot, and im not ready to kill him off, just yet! Despite the will!

Anybody got any, SENSIBLE, ideas? I have asked the natives, and all i get is the GREAT OCEAN ROAD, which we have done!

Not into fishing, golfing, shooting.............loves beer, food and history.

Please dont respond if the best you can offer is some sad attempt at finishing off a scouser, sailor, or old person, been there, done that, not laughing.

Thanks in advance

Will have a think on an actual event, but if he loves beer, make sure you take him out to Lobethal to visit the brewery out there! Oh, and to the Port Dock Brewery at Port Adelaide too.

Would he fancy doing a light aircraft flight over Adelaide? I know there are a couple of companies up at Parafield Airport that do that. Are you looking for somewhere to go away to for a few days, or just something stunning for the day of his birthday?

Guest guest569

Birthday party on the beach ??? Get as many friends or maybe a PIA meet up to enjoy the day. Must be better than a Jan birthday in the uk dark, cold , winter !!!

Guest Guest5035

Climb the bridge at Sydney, with a early flight, the climb and a flight back, easily done in a day. But why not spend 2 or 3 days there?

stevo

Guest KP Nuts
thanks Pasionate Pom,

will be doing an afternoon event for the old geezer, probably at home; any red or blue is welcome, if it doesnt involve manchester or london! LOL.

Kim will let you know!

Is that me, Jane????????????????

• 1 month later...
Guest AmberOz

Hi the heyson trail is a famous hiking track that runs from victor harbour all the way to the flinders ranges, it might be a bit long but there are many camp spot and great sites to see along the way. And the flinders ranges are absolutely magnificent and quite close. Otherwise, victor harbor area is great (and not too hot at Xmas) place to stay during the Xmas holidays. Hope this helps