• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fancy a curry.

Rob and Clare

Fancy a curry.

Most people may know of it and some people may not like indian food, but if you have a pining for a british curry, there is a place on goodward road, called the 'Balti House'.

Been there this evening for a meal, and it is by far and away the best indian in Adelaide, from popadoms we all know, with chutney and mint sauce, and of course a british balti. Bloke who owns it is from walsall and the chefs from the north of england. It's not fancy so no need to dress up.

PM me if you want to know anymore details, may even be able to scan the menu...

We have been in Adelaide for 4 months and are longing for a curry. Will definitely give it a try.:D

Rob and Clare
      Sorry, it's Goodwood Road. Hopefully you noticed my deliberate mistake

62 times
      We are regulars there now as a takeaway involves an hour and a half round trip. Shame he's not open in the day so I can't even drive over and stock the freezer up, one for now, one for later. Hee Hee

Alam is a great bloke, even the tandoori oven came from England.

Can't rate it highly enough.

On top of the hill in Salisbury Heights

Curry heaven

Well thats a relief, we have been having major curry withdrawal symptoms!

Wayne and Lindsey

Rob and Clare
      I only wished it was located nearer home, so after a night out we could go back and have a curry. Have to start doing what Jo said, and buy one for the freezer. Ha Ha....

Onkaparinga Hills, Adelaide
      56 times
      Hi Rob & Clare

has this curry night been eaten and enjoyed yet, if not let us now the arrangements.

i have pm'd you my mobile

No curry house anywhere near here.
      Last edited by Rov; 13-03-2008 at 12:07 PM. Reason: grammer

Tandoori Chicken Kebabs for the curry deprived

I served this to some ex-pat guests and they declared it "the same as takeaway".

Ingredients: serves 2/3

1 Jar Mrs Pataks Tandoori Paste
      1 Jar Mrs Pataks Egglplant pickle
      Lemon Juice
      Black pepper
      2/3 Chicken Breasts
      Pack of Taj Roti Co, Chappati

Cut the chicken breast into about 1" cubes. Place chicken in large bowl, add a tablespoon of Mrs Pataks Tandoori paste (place jar in fridge after opening), 1 tablespoon of yoghurt, a little lemon juice and a sprinkle of black pepper. Mix thoroughly. Leave to marinate in the fridge for a few hours or if desperate,
      dont bother to marinate.
      On 4 metal skewers evenly space the chicken, then grill, turning once- careful they dont burn.

Place under the grill, 2 chappatis at at time, but watch carefully as they bubble up and burn easily, turn once. Remove.
      Place in a line, in the middle of the chappatis, the chicken, a few slices of tomato, a drizzle of yoghurt and a drizzle of Mrs Pataks eggplant pickle (excellent pickle but optional). Wrap.
      Imagine you are surrounded by flock wallpaper and a few drunks from the local pub and hey presto you are back in your favourite Tandoori (well, almost).

Last edited by Rov; 13-03-2008 at 12:08 PM.

Hi there

Just wondered do they do take aways there or do you have to eat in?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums