Recommendations for holiday in feb!

likesshopping

Hi

Hoping some of you kind and well travelled people can give me some ideas of where to go on holiday in feb 2012.

Itll be our 10th wedding anniversary and we have the inlaws staying to look after the kids (so they wont have a party!)...and so we are looking somewhere nice to go for just 5 nights...our budget is approx $3k.

Now, we've had alook at Fiji, but no flights out for the dates we have to travel (30th 0r 31st jan)....and a its rainy season in Bali...

I dont mind where I go - I do not need posh hotels - I would like somewhere nice, but somewhere where we can see something, do something.

So Im open to offers - either in Australia or out. We are off to Goldcoast with the kids in a couple of weeks and have been to Sydney already a couple of times...dont fancy Melbourne.

Look forward to hearing from you all!

Sarahx

Guest guest3462

You can get some good cheap package deals to Hong Kong for 5 nights with or without disney passes (i'd still go even without the kids lol!) Have a look at www.ineedaholiday.com.au and www.holidayplanet.com.au for some decent deals also, I know you're not tkaing the kids this time, but this site was pretty good too www.holidayswithkids.com.au

I hope you find a fab holiday and congrats on your anniversary! :-)

If you're just going for five nights, the first priority is to find somewhere you can fly direct to from Adelaide (if flying) so start with that (ask a good travel agent - if you can find one!) and take it from there. Otherwise you'd spend half your time travelling there and back. http://www.travelonline.com.au is a good site for special offers once you hae decided where you're headed for.

Another alternative is to drive somewhere - have you been up to the Clare Valley? Lots of wineries, food places, nice for cycling along the old railway track there, and some nice B&Bs.

5 days in Feb......mmmmmmmmmm!!. I would say trip to Darwin, 5 days plenty and warmth...........but rain season. Cairns is good, not the greatest out look as no beach, but plenty to do . Fishing , kurunda , white water rafting , croc farms, barrier reef. always warm but pot luck with rain, warm rain though . Pt Douglas hour up the road with more resort feel but not so many facilities. Palm cove in between.

Ill be heading back to Cairns , nice break away.

My brother has been to a few of the queensland isles , Hamilton island then the smaller daydream island and hayman island . the smaller islands are for the resort style laze around watersport palm fringed beach type holiday.......with a golf buggy to drive around with!!

Havent been abroad from here so cant comment on elsewhere

Guest nakigirl

I would agree with Diane and say New Zealand. You can fly direct to Auckland from Adelaide. Best option would be hire a car and do a a little trip round the top of the north island. Bay of Islands is stunning and weather is pretty good in Feb. Lots of gorgeous luxury B&B's and lodges around to stay in.

Hi

Thank you all so much for all your thoughts......its been really really helpful.

After scouting around on the internet and some of your suggestions - we have decided to go to Port Douglas for 5 nights.

Im really looking forward to it....and there are lots of things we can do up there too.

Thank you

Sarahx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest5035
(ask a good travel agent - if you can find one,!!s.

I know of a excellent travel agent at Harvey World Travel

at West lakes mall, his name is Zak...

Stevo

• 1 year later...