• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Like Tree4Likes

Thread: flies a problem??

Alright mate, sorry im new to this how do you pm?ha im an installation electrician with svq level 3. Got my 17th edition. i havent looked an awful lot into being an electrician over there yet just heard its a pain and alot of money retraining etc

It depends what you are after, we pay $390 a week for a house with 2 double bedrooms, granny flat with en-suite (great for visitors!), polished floor boards, 'rumpus' room, huge garage, laundry and a large back garden 5 min walk from the beach. You can pay a lot less if you go for a straight 2 bed unit or further from the beach, just depends what you need. I know it sounds a lot and we would never pay that much at home but the wages even it out. To give you an idea we looked at some 3 bed places further from the beach and they were around $350, places like Fulham Gardens or Lockleys are the suburb over, in land which are cheaper but for us it was just the right house in the perfect location so we were prepared to push the budget. West Beach seems a bit cheaper as well and it is literally next door to henley and has great beaches too. You can look at Henley or henley south, those are the suburbs.

The beaches are lovely plenty of space and amazing views. Henley square has a couple of good bars and nice restaurants. I love having lazy sunday brunch on the sea front, or just grabbing a coffee and going for a walk on the beach after work. I'm not sure we would do it half a much if we lived that bit further away.

Henley beach sounds ideal i'll defo be lookin more into this area, thats quite reasonable for rent, cheaper than i thought. would be looking at something with 3 or 4 bedrooms, have 2 boys and a spare room for visitors would be ideal. but being on the coast is a bonus, again a pool would be great aswell but not being too picky ha! do you know how far it is to hallett cove from henley beach? thanks again

No worries, glad to help, it is about 30 mins away which in Adelaide terms is forever away but for us Brits its just down the road lol! Good luck!

Western Suburbs
      830 times
      Don't get your hopes too high - have a look on http://www.realestate.com.au/rent - you will be hard-pressed to find a 3 or 4 bed house with a pool in Henley Beach for a reasonable rent. Less than $400/week for a 3 bed is rare, unless it is really grotty, or a small courtyard home with no back yard.
      Backpacked round Australia 1992. Married Australian husband in Adelaide 1994. Lived in Adelaide 1994-1997. Moved back to UK & lived in Essex/Herts 1997-2009. Returned to Adelaide November 2009. 2 kids dual nationality.

The pool aint a neccessity, could recommend any areas even close to the beach? good area with good school?

No you probably won't find one with a pool for less than $400 in henley but when we were looking there were a few 3 beds in and around the area for less than that price and they were not grotty and all had decent sized gardens. Just a case of looking around and getting to as many viewings as you can.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123