snakes spiders and crocks

Guest shaznsteve

Guest shaznsteve

hi all,is there any truth in there being spiders that can kill from 50 paces.lol.and snakes are common sight in adelaide or is that more to the north as it is meant to be more tropical in north,do you need to have certain jabs before settling..:skeptical:

• 2 weeks later...

Don't think you see snakes too much unless you are in a more rural area...or so my other half tells me;)

If it helps any, I only know of one person in the family there who's ever been bit by a poisonous spider, and he was only sick for a couple of wks after getting to the hospital and getting treated:/

Yes theres a jab you can take that makes you immune from all snake spider croc and shark bites.

OZ is in fact full with deadly creatures, stone fish, sea snakes deadly jelly fish and octopus, spiders, snakes, crocs, great white sharks any many more. They kill over 200,000 Austrlains per year thats why the government wants British immigrants to come to OZ to replace all those killed to maintain Oz's population.

Yes theres a jab you can take that makes you immune from all snake spider croc and shark bites.

OZ is in fact full with deadly creatures, stone fish, sea snakes deadly jelly fish and octopus, spiders, snakes, crocs, great white sharks any many more. They kill over 200,000 Austrlains per year thats why the government wants British immigrants to come to OZ to replace all those killed to maintain Oz's population.

I intend living in the city, how likely is it I will be eaten by an octopus:D

Simon

Guest salisbury massive

is that more to the north as it is meant to be more tropical in north,

Do you mean North of Adelaide or North Australia???

I live in North East Adelaide and it is much more tropical than down South, I understand there are more snakes this way but there is much more farmland and scrub land up here. I have 1/2 an acre and have yet to see a snake. My mate lives on a new estate with a reserve next to her house and sees brown snakes all the time. I've got a mental old rellie in the hills who, in his 77 years has never seen a snake, but he keeps geese which are suppposed to deter snakes from coming to close.

So get yourself a gaggle of geese and stay in suburbia, you'll be fine.

Jo

• 3 weeks later...
Guest zx6roo

LOL you don't get eaten by the octopus, its only tiny (and deadly).

Yes you get loads of snakes in the city but you'll never see many.

There are worse spiders in other states. I've been bitten by a redback and lived to tell the tale. Got no crocs down here :( I've just been up north and seen lots by the side of the road in the storms :)

The daddy-longs-leg spider!!! Most deadliest spider in the world... better get a jab for that one. hehehe, only kidding. It is too small to bite thru human skin so you are safe but it loves to eat redbacks so if yu get any in yur house leave them alone and you know the more horrible ones are being eaten.

Don't get a jab just get some phone numbers when you arrive... emergency poison line, snake catchers etc. no-one has mentioned the meat ants or big red centipedes yet???

but then nothing even comes close to the knee-squirting-posionous ladybugs of the UK, LOL.

Guest leemi1
I intend living in the city, how likely is it I will be eaten by an octopus:D

Simon

fairly likely, with 8 legs they can walk for miles

jo

lol :biglaugh::biglaugh: