Camp draft

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

Had a trip out to see our first Camp Draft yesterday.

It's a big thing here and very Aussie.

This one was near Strathalbyn.

Camp Drafting is a horse/ rider competition. The rider must Cut (separate) one beast from the mob, then take it around a course in 40 seconds.

Bit more to it than that but highly competitive,addictive to watch if you like country pursuits,very Aussie indeed!!,proper "cowboy stuff"

Great care was taken over the cattle we noticed,only one fall but the surface of the ring is very soft.

Perhaps not for the littlies but any one who likes horses or outdoor pursuits should have a look .

http://www.campdraft.com.au/

29012012700.jpg

29012012705.jpg

29012012698.jpg

Guest ladyarkles

That looks fascinating.

They do say that the Aussies are the most authentic cowboys.

I'm going to see if I can find another of these and I'll drag hubby along, it looks like it is pretty exciting.

Thanks for sharing something so "unusual"; this is how I get to do funky stuff!

~ Rach

Guest Adelaide_bound

Hmmm - I have a complaint about the clouds though - this is not the weather I have ordered for SA, please ensure they are removed for our arrival :biglaugh:

Looks fab - I used to love going to the Rodeo when I lived in the US, happy days :)

Guest Guest75
Hmmm - I have a complaint about the clouds though - this is not the weather I have ordered for SA, please ensure they are removed for our arrival :biglaugh:

Looks fab - I used to love going to the Rodeo when I lived in the US, happy days :)

It was actually humid and quite oppressive with a temp of around 30c!!!!:cute::cute:

Guest ladyarkles
Good info Tyke, were you wearing yer Chaps? :-)

I will pay cash for these images!! :biggrin:

Please place in brown envelope and leave under bench by Glenelg Town Hall.

Thanks.

Guest Guest75
I will pay cash for these images!! :biggrin:

Please place in brown envelope and leave under bench by Glenelg Town Hall.

Thanks.

:biglaugh: I'm not into chaps........................... strictly wimmin :wink:

Had a trip out to see our first Camp Draft yesterday.

It's a big thing here and very Aussie.

This one was near Strathalbyn.

Camp Drafting is a horse/ rider competition. The rider must Cut (separate) one beast from the mob, then take it around a course in 40 seconds.

Bit more to it than that but highly competitive,addictive to watch if you like country pursuits,very Aussie indeed!!,proper "cowboy stuff"

Great care was taken over the cattle we noticed,only one fall but the surface of the ring is very soft.

Perhaps not for the littlies but any one who likes horses or outdoor pursuits should have a look .

http://www.campdraft.com.au/

29012012705.jpg

I thought that was you at first Russell, I was going to ask where the quad bike had gone :wink:

Guest Guest75
I thought that was you at first Russell, I was going to ask where the quad bike had gone :wink:

:biglaugh:Not quite butch looking enuf fer me:swoon:

Don't think I'll take this sport up,had enough of sore thighs after the horse trek through the Cairns rainforest.