• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flights to UK

Flagstaff Hill
      1 times

Cool Airlines

I used KLM last May and they were perfect and I shall be using them again this year. I went Adelaide-Singapore-Amsterdam-Humberside (just 40 minutes from my parents) and return was Humberside-Amsterdam-KL-Adelaide. Both trips had a 6 hour wait in KL/Singapore which actually worked well as I booked a room so that I could shower and change/sleep/watch TV and I didn't get the usual jetlag. Prices for May this year are approx $1880 so probably the cheapest available going through to Humberside. Booking via the KLM website was cheaper than Flight Centre.

Previously we have used Singapore airlines which were very good, Malaysian were very average, Cathay pacific were very good, Air France very good but hubby thinks Emirates are the best airline he has used.

Safe journey

Quote Originally Posted by snifter View Post
      I'd take KLM over Air France these days. KLM will take you via Amsterdam iirc and you'll probably have a quick transit there before heading on to the UK. At least its only an hour hop to London from there.

Personally though, I'd fly Singapore Airlines every time given the choice though. I like BA but as they code share with Qantas you don't get direct to Adelaide with them, the Aussie leg is flown by Qantas. While I find their flights fine, I have often found the Qantas ground staff customer service lacking (especially when travelling with kids).

Cathay Pacific are another good airline.
      Me too. when I flew here in March last year we used Singapore because we got a very good deal of 785 return. Used Emirates in November and they simply were not as good, nowhere near as attentive... and the air hostesses not as attractive ;) Although it did mean we got to have a 3 day stopover in Dubai which was pretty fun :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12