Flights to UK

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Hi all,

We are just about to book flights back to UK, only for a visit! Flights seem to be so expensive but have managed to find a few reasonable prices.

The flights are with Air France and KLM, has anyone flown with these airlines? We have had a look at some reviews and they don't appear to be great, but wondered if anyone had flown with them recently. We are going in June so want t book them ASAP.

Cheers in advance

Jo and Tom

Guest ben farrier
Hi all,

We are just about to book flights back to UK, only for a visit! Flights seem to be so expensive but have managed to find a few reasonable prices.

The flights are with Air France and KLM, has anyone flown with these airlines? We have had a look at some reviews and they don't appear to be great, but wondered if anyone had flown with them recently. We are going in June so want t book them ASAP.

Cheers in advance

Jo and Tom

I fly backwards and forwards every eight weeks. I always fly singapore airlines. I book the flights through a company called Globe hunters. Last flight was £1100 including everything. Only one stopover in Singapore for five hours then straight to Heathrow. Sorry only know it in pounds as has always been cheaper booking from uk. If you need the number let me know.

I fly backwards and forwards every eight weeks. I always fly singapore airlines. I book the flights through a company called Globe hunters. Last flight was £1100 including everything. Only one stopover in Singapore for five hours then straight to Heathrow. Sorry only know it in pounds as has always been cheaper booking from uk. If you need the number let me know.

That sounds really expensive to me - but what do I know!

Guest The Dimmocks

I flew with Malaysia Airlines in November ADL-KL-LHR. Paid just over $2000 return which was cheapest at the time I booked. They were okay, not as good as singapore but no complaints. Not flown with the other ones.

There was a bit of a debate on being able to book from outside Aus and its not possible. Do you book your return while in the UK? People are not meant to be able to book a flight departure originating from Aus from the UK. It should be done in Aus if that is where you are departing from. Something to do with the originating country sets the prices etc to their market (and a whole heap of other words I can't recall, I'll find the link instead) http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/flights-holidays/139022-how-do-you-buy-uk-flights-australia.html

To the OP - Have you tried Japan Airlines? If you go for a night stopover in Tokyo flight (they pay the hotel) you can often find some good deals. Hubby has done that before and its saved a few $$$

I'd take KLM over Air France these days. KLM will take you via Amsterdam iirc and you'll probably have a quick transit there before heading on to the UK. At least its only an hour hop to London from there.

Personally though, I'd fly Singapore Airlines every time given the choice though. I like BA but as they code share with Qantas you don't get direct to Adelaide with them, the Aussie leg is flown by Qantas. While I find their flights fine, I have often found the Qantas ground staff customer service lacking (especially when travelling with kids).

Cathay Pacific are another good airline.

Guest Guest5035

to go direct Adelaide Asia london it will be around $1900 to $2300 depending on airline and stops made. look at going via melbourne/LA London return, at the moment Continental are $1300 return, plus Adelaide/Melbourne flight. Look on bestflights.com.au or i can give you my sons travel agency number via PM.

Stevo

Guest ben farrier
There was a bit of a debate on being able to book from outside Aus and its not possible. Do you book your return while in the UK? People are not meant to be able to book a flight departure originating from Aus from the UK. It should be done in Aus if that is where you are departing from. Something to do with the originating country sets the prices etc to their market (and a whole heap of other words I can't recall, I'll find the link instead) http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/flights-holidays/139022-how-do-you-buy-uk-flights-australia.html

To the OP - Have you tried Japan Airlines? If you go for a night stopover in Tokyo flight (they pay the hotel) you can often find some good deals. Hubby has done that before and its saved a few $$$

As I started in the Uk have just kept booking return flights so it just ended up that way. Honestly dont know what happens if Adelaide is your satarting point. Would presume you have to then pay in dollars

As I started in the Uk have just kept booking return flights so it just ended up that way. Honestly dont know what happens if Adelaide is your satarting point. Would presume you have to then pay in dollars
Yup, that is the upshot. It works well if like you you started in the UK and just keep buying your returns when there. Anyone starting from Aus is going to pay $$$

I used KLM last May and they were perfect and I shall be using them again this year. I went Adelaide-Singapore-Amsterdam-Humberside (just 40 minutes from my parents) and return was Humberside-Amsterdam-KL-Adelaide. Both trips had a 6 hour wait in KL/Singapore which actually worked well as I booked a room so that I could shower and change/sleep/watch TV and I didn't get the usual jetlag. Prices for May this year are approx $1880 so probably the cheapest available going through to Humberside. Booking via the KLM website was cheaper than Flight Centre.

Previously we have used Singapore airlines which were very good, Malaysian were very average, Cathay pacific were very good, Air France very good but hubby thinks Emirates are the best airline he has used.

Safe journey

:smile:

Guest steveygee
I'd take KLM over Air France these days. KLM will take you via Amsterdam iirc and you'll probably have a quick transit there before heading on to the UK. At least its only an hour hop to London from there.

Personally though, I'd fly Singapore Airlines every time given the choice though. I like BA but as they code share with Qantas you don't get direct to Adelaide with them, the Aussie leg is flown by Qantas. While I find their flights fine, I have often found the Qantas ground staff customer service lacking (especially when travelling with kids).

Cathay Pacific are another good airline.

Me too. when I flew here in March last year we used Singapore because we got a very good deal of £785 return. Used Emirates in November and they simply were not as good, nowhere near as attentive... and the air hostesses not as attractive ;) Although it did mean we got to have a 3 day stopover in Dubai which was pretty fun :)