Recommendation needed for camping getaway

Guest Squareman

Guest Squareman

Right, I'm looking for a nice spot within an hour or two's drive from Adelaide where we can get 'dual' accommodation ie a place that allows my boy and I to knock up a tent and the missus and mother-in-law to stay 'under-roof.'

So far, I have identified a few places for my boy and I, and Ayers Rock for the women, but apparently they'd prefer us to all be together.....;-)

Guest Barney Rubble

Don't think you'll get them to Ayres Rock in two hours unless you fly them:nah:

Places along the Murray River seen to have camping grounds and cabins, Whitesands (near Murray Bridges) comes to mind but was a few years back :wideeyed:

Assuming you like fishing that is.

Guest The Dimmocks

We stayed at Goolwa Campsite a few weeks back. We were tenting it, but a few friends came down for the night and they stayed in a cabin. They seemed to have a fair few. It was a lovely site and wasnt to far to walk to the main high street in Goolwa.

We're off to Goolwa tomorrow for a few days - staying in a Cabin on the campsite.

Mount Gambier or Robe are a bit further away but lots to see and do around the limestone coast - caves and wines, walking and wildlife, seafood and fishing, shops and great places to eat

I can recommend the camping site at Port Willunga - see link on above post. Nice small site, tents and cabins. We have been a few times tenting, only about 40 minutes away. Owners very helpful. Another good site is a t Normanville, tent sites are all powered but good for those cooler nights, we take fan heaters, lovely and toasty.

Guest yogi64

Try the Flinders area, loads of places to stay, awesome scenery, a little bit further away but well worth the effort, for us its one of our favourite places.

Mike