Who out there owns a 4x4?

Guest yogi64

Guest yogi64

Hi Guys n Girls

Just wondering who owns a 4x4? what do you own and do you use it (maybe show us some pics).

Might be a chance for a meet up and a bit of off roading or a trip.

Mike

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest75

Prado turbo Diesel Common Rail.

Fab car,reasonable to run.

We get out on some long trips, the tank hold 180 L so can do a 2000k round trip.

Serious off road capabilities - used for gathering wood at my friends very hilly farm, towing the boat and launching at the slippery ramps.

DSC00079.jpg

DSC00076.jpg

Image146.jpg

I don't thrash the Prado by any means,just use it for what is was designed more!!

Wis I had more off road pics but I am designated camera man which does not help when you are clinging onto the steering wheel!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest yogi64

Hi guys

I'm coming to the end of a couple of projects at home, so some free time coming up, is there anyone interested in a trip, either an over nighter or just a day trip?

Mike

Guest bidsandrew

We have a very old Nissan Patrol and have been to Love Day 4x4 park. It was an amazing experience and the 4x4 did things I didnt think were even possible!! On that note though since coming back from Love Day we have had no end of problems with it! Would be up for a bit of 4x4 driving if anyone knows anywhere a bit more local as I dont think there is anything left to go wrong so we may as well trash it now!!

Guest Damien

I've got a 3l diesel Patrol. EVERYONE down here has a 4wd, you can't get around without one. Driving through Canunda NP is an experience everyone should do at least once (I do it for work!) and you can drive/get bogged on all the beaches down here. Great fun!

Hi Dont want hijack your thread, but I love my Landrover Freelander and wonder would it be worth shipping from Ireland. What you think? Its an HSE spec (top spec) 2007 with 80000kms (50000miles). its worth £15k here, what you all think?

I luv the pics, cannt wait to arrive and do some real off roading.

IrishStew

Guest yogi64
Hi Dont want hijack your thread, but I love my Landrover Freelander and wonder would it be worth shipping from Ireland. What you think? Its an HSE spec (top spec) 2007 with 80000kms (50000miles). its worth £15k here, what you all think?

I luv the pics, cannt wait to arrive and do some real off roading.

IrishStew

To be completely honest, the Freelanders that I've seen/worked on don't seem to like the Ozzie climate much, the plastics deteriorate and soft tops go hard and crack, if you can get 15k for it there sell it and buy something when you get here, the 4x4 scene here is very good and there's a lot of awesome places to visit.

Mike

Guest yogi64

There are some good tracks around, depends on what people want to do, either a day trip or an overnighter, the Flinders area is my favourite place but depends how far people want to travel..

BTW, Stanley246, sweet ride, have you used it much?

Mike

There are some good tracks around, depends on what people want to do, either a day trip or an overnighter, the Flinders area is my favourite place but depends how far people want to travel..

BTW, Stanley246, sweet ride, have you used it much?

Mike

Not used it much as im time poor @ present.....it is a bit of a toy and not so pratical as an every day vehicle so spends most of the time in the shed (5mts old and 1,200 kms on the clock) LOL...plan to do the Flinders etc. and also to Robe for the sand etc etc.one day... Must admitt not so keen on the camping side of FWDing (wifes idea of roughing it is slow room service) so will use the accomodation nearest to venue(s).....happy to day trip @ present..

Guest Damien

Robe is really easy for sand driving, can do some such as Long Beach in a 2wd sedan. You need to come a bit further down, enter Canunda at Southend and get to Carpenter Rocks, bloody challenging but amazing drive!

Guest yogi64

I'm thinking the Flinders at this stage, it's a good place to start, some nice tracks, with good views, it should give a taste of whats on offer in our great state, i'm looking at somewhere that'll do both camping and accommodation, I already have a couple of places that I know quite well.

Any takers for a Flinders trip, post your interest and what you prefer, camping or accommodation, from there we can throw some dates around, sort out a pre trip meet n greet etc.

Mike

P.S. Damien, love your side of the state, great fishing and scenery, great fishing and people, great fishing and places, oh did I mention the great fishing. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest yogi64

A bit short notice I know but there is a run leaving Norlunga on Sunday, 9:00am, heading down to Goolwa area, doing a few tracks and maybe along the beach, let me know if your interested and i'll post all the details.

Mike