Theatre and the arts!

Guest Andrew&Ren

Guest Andrew&Ren

Andrew is sorted work wise but i work within the arts and not sure what Adelaide offers in terms of Theatre. Are there any theatres/arts centres in Adelaide? I work with youth theatres and drama in education work within schools. If anyone has any info on this area it would be really appreciated!!:)x

Hi A & R,

I've never been to Adelaide before and when I saw this thread I thought I'd keep an eye and see whats what. ;) As no one else has answered (uncultured lot on here eh?:o:biglaugh:) I have done an Oz google and there seems to be plenty of things going on. Have a go yourself http://www.google.com.au/ I googled 'The Arts in Adelaide' and 'Theatres in Adelaide' click on the 'pages from Oz' button and it'll come up trumps for you. ;)

Pete

Guest Libby1971

The Adelaide Fringe is about to start, I am looking forward to it alot.

My friend really likes museums/ art galleries and she claims that Adelaide has more of these than other Aussie cities - her words, not mine!

Libby

Guest Guest75

How about looking at the TAFE SA website??

My daughter attends the TAFE Adelaide Centre for the Arts.

She has just started the Bachelor of Visual Arts and Applied Design.

I've been in a few times and there is a big involvement with performing arts there as well.

A very vibrant place indeed.Might be worth touching base ;)

Have a look at...........http://www.tafe.sa.edu.au/Default.aspx?tabid=572

Guest Andrew&Ren

Thanks guys, you are all so helpful...really appreciate it!;) I have googled and it seems there is loads going on over there, which is great news for me. Hopefully i can continue working in the arts when i get over there.:D Thanks again x

Dear Andrew & Ren,

We're heading Adelaide way. I'm an actress and hubby is actor/director. We're applying as private drama tutor (can't believe it's on the SOL!) We too run the largest youth theatre in Cornwall as well as working across country in theatre in ed and disability. Our reccie showed several strong youth theatres in the city but very limited good teaching programmes. It became very clear we could do what we do now quite easily. PM me for more info and keep in touch when you arrive and we'll see what the future holds! We're August apps originally hoping for an October 2008 entry but now realistically thinking it may be later.

Liz