UK passports

Guest m.jephcott

Guest m.jephcott

One of my daughters passports runs out in a couple of months, and we don't really want to be without one. We have been here in Adelaide for about 20 months now and are wondering who we can get to sign to photo as we haven't known anyone for 2 years yet. Has anyone else been in this situation and how did you get round it. Thanks

Try the JP in your local library and also bring with you the helpsheet which you can download with the paspport application, it should state on it if you do not know someone for the full 2years then a JP can sign. ( But the JP will need to see this ) as they are not aware of this.

Guest Kettan

I just did this yesterday for my own passport which was expiring. There is a Justice of Peace at the local library ( I went to the Campbelltown Library) and he did it for me.

Hope this helps.Good luck

Kettan

• 1 month later...
Guest m.jephcott

Hi Again

Sorry to have to ask about this again but as above, my 5 year old daughters passport is about to expire and having downloaded all the forms it states that a countersignitory must have know me for 2 years. Just wondering if anyone has got around this for example saying countersignatory has know you for 21 months rather than the full 2 years. Also if her passport does expire, and we needed to leave the country in a hurry would it be possible to leave or would we have to wait for a new passport.

Guest m.jephcott

Thanks for the reply, I don't seem to be able to find the information for the clauses, but will look into it and will hopefully sort out next week. Now to find a JP.