• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bizarre - Learners licence question

Swindon, Wilts to Marino
      120 times
      Quote Originally Posted by TheHarrisonFamily View Post
      I would recheck the license they've given you. They swapped someone we knows UK provisional for a Australian full license. We assume because she was a mature person and they didnt really understand the provisional bit, then they assumed it was a full license.
      Have another look at it, to be sure they havent done this to you to.
      Thanks for the advice. Looked at it and it is definately written as a learners permit. Will wait to see the roper one when it comes through.

Did go into the police station though and check it out as thought they were bound to know. Explained everything to them and he said if that is what they issued, that that is fine and if I got stopped for any reason, it says that I have a learners so not to worry?!
      Still not convinced but does not seem to think I have to sit it. May be because I have my UK provisonal and am over 21?!
      Contact us (Jason Wyness Roofing Contractors) by private message for all Roofing, Guttering and Leadwork enquiries. 25+ yrs experience, fully licensed, public liability and Master Builders member

677 times
      I know someone who had a British Provisional for years also.When they went in to the licence Office here in Adelaide they were issued with a full licence.Needless to say,they kept it QT.

Inner Southern suburbs
      77 times
      If it's a learner permit then you need to abide by the restrictions or you'll get pinched and it will hurt big time. In SA the purpose of a learner's permit is to drive under supervision/instruction and there are a number of restrictions on driving, regardless of your previous skills. When you pass your practical test or the logbook hours you get your Provisional and then later your full licence.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12