Sleepover Singapore Airport

Guest fatman

Hello everyone!!!

When we travelled to Singapore last year we found we were completely shattered and wished we would have done the sleepover before travelling on to Adelaide! wondering if anyone did a Singapore sleepover/hol deal or just stayed at one of the Hotels at airport?

Cheers, Fatman :SLEEP:

Most people who want to sleep usually just book the transit hotel. It is on the Changi airport website somewhere with all the info.

Unless you want to spend some time actually seeing Singapore, I'd not bother looking for hotel deals, just book the transit for a block (6 or 8 hour periods at a time iirc).

It can also impact when you actually fly in terms of how well you cope with sleep or lack of it. I like the night flight out of the UK, land in Singapore at tea time their time, 3-4 hours on the ground and then the night flight to Aus to land about 7pm. Usually get plenty of sleep and don't need a sleep over in Singapore or anything.

Many thanks for advice...

We thought abt Transit Hotel, its a fixed rate for the 6 hrs then an hourly rate after that.... the Embassador hotel worked out cheaper if we wanted to take a full 24 hour sleepover.... our daughter wants to have a decent look around Airport this time, swim, shop, movie, internet etc....... wife wants a long soak in bath etc lol....

However I think if we book the Embassador Hotel (think thats the name of it!?... its visible frm inside airport).... we need to go through Customs, them check into Hotel etc... which would mean we couldn't go bk and fourth to Hotel at our leisure etc............:idea:

Guest Kadphises

The Transit Hotel is good. Stayed there earlier this year. Clean, small rooms with not much in them - a place to sleep. No windows though and shared toilets and showers, at least for the cheaper rooms. You do need to book them well in advance as they tend to fill up quickly.

As far as I know, the only hotel where you don't need to clear customs is the Transit and it is great for exploring the airport. Quite a lot to do, eat and see in there. One of the better airports.

Guest onourway

We just stayed in the transit hotel - paid for a room with own bathroom - it had a big viewing window overlooking the runway so good for the little'un to plane watch. The room was a little damp (internal so as expected) but certainly ticked the box for somewhere to have a kip and nice shower. We didn't have to pass through customs etc. There was a package for hotel guests to use the transit lounge for unlimited snacks etc. but it was cheap enough to eat at one of the many restaurants. Cracking airport and would certainly recommend the transit hotel.

Guest Guest75

The Transit Hotel gets my vote too!

We stayed there (yet again) on our return from the UK .

Great to just have a good kip and a long relaxing shower.

Try the Fish / foot massage by the Gara Rufa fish........... hilarious, tickled me that much I nearly wet myself.

We stayed at the Ambassador Transit hotel in T3. Was amazing! Huge room for children to run around while we slept and a lovely bathroom with shower to unwind in. We caught 6:30pm flight from heathrow then slept for 6 hours there then caught next flight. We had very little jet lag because of our lovely snooze!

Would greatly recommend!

PS. Butterfly garden lovely too!

I have broken the journey and it really makes a difference to recovery rates when you get to Adelaide. Last time I flew this way it was with Singapore direct out of Manchester so the flight left at 0900ish. Landed early morning in Singapore, took a transit minibus into Singapore and booked into the hotel. Had a deep luxurious bath, hit the bed for a few hours. Then went out to mosey round Singapore, had dinner in Chinatown. Had a good night's sleep , lovely buffet breakfast and checked out leaving bags with hotel. Spent day exploring Little India and a few other shopping centres on Orchard Rd. Picked up bags and headed to airport around 6. Adelaide flight left just before midnight so had a pleasant couple of hours in Changi airport. Changi is so efficient, clean and comfortable to wait in AND they can check your bags through no matter how long before your flight you rock up. So the upside of this mini stopover is....

You acclimatise to hot weather and bright sunlight, important if you are going to arrive in summer.

You have a really good break from cabin pressure which makes you tired.

Your last leg is then only 7 hours overnight usually.

Singapore is in the same time zone as Perth so you are only about 2 hours behind Adelaide time.

You have some proper exercise and get out of the airport and the airconditioning.

However Changi is a really good transit airport as mentioned above.

Another option is to actually clear immigration and stay in the hotel at Terminal 3. The train into central Singapore leaves from here and it's cheap around S$2.