clothing sizes in Australia and clothing stores

Guest bubbe2005

Guest bubbe2005

If I am a petite size UK 8/10, what size does that equate to in Australia? also if i am a shoe size 5, what show size would that be in Australia?

Also, with the UK having Topshop and new look, and H&M, are there any similar stores there in Adelaide to shop for clothes. We have Target here in the US and the junior clothing is not a similar taste to H&M or Topshop.

If I am a petite size UK 8/10, what size does that equate to in Australia? also if i am a shoe size 5, what show size would that be in Australia?

Also, with the UK having Topshop and new look, and H&M, are there any similar stores there in Adelaide to shop for clothes. We have Target here in the US and the junior clothing is not a similar taste to H&M or Topshop.

Aussie clothes are cut generously so you probably need to go down a size to 6/8 and shoes would be a size 7. The size charts are simialr to the USA but measured in cms! Best thing is to try them on and check the labels too.

Personally I find clothes sizes pretty much match up with UK (obviously differences from store to store, as in the UK, and younger styles are often cut smaller - eg 'Free Fusion range in Target is smaller than there 'office' type clothes). As jtct said you need to add 2 to your UK shoe size. Bras are sold with same cup sizes but clothes size instead of back size in inches - eg instead of say a 34C you might wear a 12C (not sure if that's the right equivalent, but hopefully you see what I mean).

Sadly I don't think there's a real equivalent to H&M or Topshop. The closest to H&M might be Cotton On but nowhere near as good.

Guest nakigirl

I think clothing sizes are pretty much like for like. I am a UK 10 and wear the same size here. Although my size can differ depending on the store, I would agree that some of the younger style stores do seem to cut a bit smaller, especially in the bust. Shoe size would be a 7 but I find many are sized european which for a uk 5 would be a 38.

Guest bubbe2005
Besides Next ships here for free, Topshop ships here for a small amount or free if you spend more than a certain amount and a few others , so if you really get stuck you can do that. There are rumours that H&M is heading here and Zara has a big store here.

I no longer have my NAtwest account before I moved to the US. Do you pay in Aus $ for shipping or GBP?

Guest Lorraine Doyle

If your after jeans, shoes, skirts, work clothes, jackets or coats for yourself, girls or boys you should come by our Garage Sale this weekend. Loads of everything to suit all tastes and sizes. They are 90% European clothes and shoes. Doing a complete clear out and finish the last of the unpacking so a lot are new.

• 4 weeks later...