Speeding fine and points

Guest rharvey

Guest rharvey

Hello everyone,

i've had a letter today saying that I have a 730 dollar fine and points for doing 70 in a 50 zone! Although I don't believe I was doing that :-(

i guess I just have to deal with it and pay the fine. But any advice on what happens about points since I'm only on a temporary visa so driving on a UK licence.

Any advice would be great thanks

roxanne

Guest Pennywise Rentals

Actually there are some ways to beat a speeding fine if you believe it was unjust.

Here's a website you may find useful.

It pays to note that you are entitled to evidence of the accuracy of the speed detection device. Along with calibration info on those devices.

http://www.speedingfineconsultants.com/company/about.html

Well good luck with that web site, heard those defences so many times... Don't even consider the weights and measurements act, it doesn't apply.

best way to beat the speeding laws, is to slow down..

Yes you are entitled to the info pointed out by penny wise, trust me the police service they have that covered and the legislation states that they can tender various certificates to prove the charge, the onus is on the driver to bring evidence to the contrary..

good luck, expensive bringing your own NASA accredited laser scientist who will contradict known science..

best thing to do ask for the picture if its your car, then good luck..

if you are just over you maybe able to argue +or -2 as that is the accepted tolerance with the instruments, so maybe ale to get into a lower backet..

police are fully aware of factors that change or impact on the accuracy, they will make sure there are no barriers,lamp posts and their statements will be just that.

do your own research and then decide if you should pay it.

i guess the question you should ask is, Am I guilty of speeding, if you answer yes then pay the fine..

next time if could be a higher cost..

Edited by ratters2005

Guest Pennywise Rentals

Actually I know a few who have had the fines withdrawn and 1 had it reduced to minimum. Not bad for a little effort and asking for some paperwork. The onus is on them to prove if the questions are asked. And contrary to the previous post, you do not need an accredited laser scientist.

All i have done is share an effective alternative to simply paying the fine.

No indeed there are not flawless but like I said easier to slow down.

for all those that contest, good luck with it.

must be easier to slow down, saves killing yourselves or others..

the difference is if they withdraw the ticket that's because of error, they occur but you have to spot them, if it goes to the court process ie trial ( which was my point )then the info I posted is in fact correct,

because I prosecute them!

Yes they can of course... They may give you advice but that's about it.

as it does not carry a term of imprisonment or likely to, they will not represent you.

i would hazard a guess they advice will be limited...

You are entitled to the picture, then you have to decide to elect to be prosecuted.

big decision because once you take it away from the expiation notice and into the court process. You will be convicted and have that on your record.

This is virtually without exception as you can't make submissions that it would never happen again.

the expiation notice is not recorded on your antecedents held and released by SAPOL should you ask for it.

free advice don't thank me...:-)