House boats??

Riponian

Hi folks

I have just started looking into a house boat holiday for something to do in the October school holidays when family visit. There seems to be a million different websites offering house boats and different places to start from. Anyone have any recommendations ??

Thanks in advance

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

We had a great houseboat holiday last December with Griffens Marina Houseboats at Blanchetown. They were recommended to us by someone here on PIA and we were not disappointed. We had a great houseboat, Adventurer, and the owners were so friendly and helpful. We had a fantastic time and can thoroughly recommend them. They have a Facebook page as well as their website:

http://www.griffens-marina.com.au/

Hope this's helps,

Lyn

Guest Claire-n-tel

Hi Michelle!

OK a big luxuary but last public holiday weekend we hired the "boatel" out of mannum. It is very expensive, there were 10 of us we picked it up 3pm friday and had to be back 6pm tuesday and it was $600 per person, a big luxury for us but we would definatly do it again, it was just awesome, it is 5* has 5 ensuite bedrooms and a huge living and dining room, the kitchen is lovely and has a built in expresso machine (essential for the mornimg afters!) google boatel mannum and have a look, it really does look like the photos! It is a lot of money but if you want a special treat i would definatly recommed!

claire x

We've been on Bella Casa from Murray Bridge and Scamp from Griffens Marina at Blanchetown ......... I highly recommend Griffens ... Don and Miriam are great and I personally believe the river is much nicer up from Blanchetown than MB. We're thinking of booking again later this year to go from Paringa which is even further up river. They really are the best and most relaxing holidays.

Sharon