• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Advice please driving with 4 kids from PERTH to ADELAIDE !!!

Seaford, Adelaide
      3 times
      My family and I did it in November and I'm still getting over it now! It was awful, I'm in 18 and was really interesting in traveling but would never do it again. Too much blood and guts all over the road.

southern suburbs
      41 times
      We drove there and back with a four year old about 3 years ago to the day :) Totally changed the image I had in my head of Australia - landscape wise! We never had any problems with entertainment or boredom but we were with another 3 cars with Walkie talkies between us. accommodation on the road is pretty basic but clean(ish!! :) )

if your kids travel together well then I'd go for it! We drove for about 8hrs a day (roughly) and the worst part I found and still dislike was the area around Port Augusta - Iron Knob area. You can't beat the experience - next time we are going by train but only because it goes a slightly different path and we want to see more of the country and not the same bits again.

Flying is quicker and easier but why not see and experience the country..... And if you see a camel I'd be most upset as I tried for days to spot one despite all the signs saying they were there!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12