Advice please driving with 4 kids from PERTH to ADELAIDE !!!

Guest cunnah10

Guest cunnah10

Hi ... trying to get some advice from people who have done this !! Was it too much hassle with kids OR was it a really good experience?

Is it better to JUST fly OR is it worth the experience of enjoying the drive over 4 or 5 days ??

Many Thanks

Gill

Guest gormusoglu

Hi Gill, were you just visiting Perth? Was wondering what you thought of it compared to Adelaide? Many times the 'perth or Adelaide' thread has been on here and other forums, but not many been to both.

Any info would be great.

Thanks

Adrienne

Guest lippy

We drove there and back with a four year old about 3 years ago to the day :) Totally changed the image I had in my head of Australia - landscape wise! We never had any problems with entertainment or boredom but we were with another 3 cars with Walkie talkies between us. accommodation on the road is pretty basic but clean(ish!! :) )

if your kids travel together well then I'd go for it! We drove for about 8hrs a day (roughly) and the worst part I found and still dislike was the area around Port Augusta - Iron Knob area. You can't beat the experience - next time we are going by train but only because it goes a slightly different path and we want to see more of the country and not the same bits again.

Flying is quicker and easier but why not see and experience the country..... And if you see a camel I'd be most upset as I tried for days to spot one despite all the signs saying they were there!