Lunch and shopping!

Has anyone got any suggestions for my birthday where we can have lunch in a nice, family friendly (ie with highchairs!) restaurant and then a wander round some good shops where I might be able to pick up a little birthday treat for myself afterwards?:biggrin: Would Unley/Strathalbyn/North Adelaide be any good for this? Any suggestions gratefully received, my birthday's on Saturday and my husband has asked me where I'd like to go - would like to try somewhere new.

Guest Guest12727

If you like Indian you could try The Spice Kitchen, Kensington Rd, Leabrook. They won 2012 best Indian restaurant in SA.

http://www.spicekitchen.com.au/index.php

Then there is Bracegirdles directly across the road from Burnside village for a chocolate afternoon treat after shopping.

Edited by Guest12727
added extra info

The White House in Hahndorf is fabulous but also not fine dining so imagine ok for families. If you don't fancy the hills you could pick somewhere on King William Road and then potter around the shops there? North Adelaide has lots of dining but not so many shops... but not at all far to the city to wander around Rundle Street?