Best Restaurants in Adelaide

Ktee

Assaggio Ristorante, Hyde Park seems to be the top restaurant that wins all the awards http://hydepark.assaggio.com.au

Best seafood restaurant is Blanc Bistro and Grill http://www.blanconoconnell.com/

Best Breakfast - The Sebel Playford

Best Asian - My Tho City, Hindmarsh

Best Chinese - From Orient, Adelaide

Best European - d‟Artagnan Restaurant, North Adelaide

Best Indian - Dhaba at the Spice Kitchen

Best Pizza - Original Hahndorf Pizza House, Hahndorf

Best Steak - The Barn Steakhouse, Mount Gambier

Why not add your favorite restaurant

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shella_n

We entertain clients at work and take then to Windy Point and Rigonis.

For pizza I have to recommend grumpys ( I think that's what it's called?) a in hanhdorf - yum yum yum

Its not a restaurant but wow did I ever love the Original Pancake Kitchen.

Some very tasty pancakes for a late breakfast one time (and numerous times after :cute: ) Bacon and maple syrup ones. Hubby loves that place and I reckon it'll be getting a visit from us once we've landed and gotten over the jetlag and head into town for a wander.

http://theoriginalpancakekitchen.com.au/

Now, back to the more refined eating establishments :tongue:

Spice nice Port Adelaide for a curry.

Jerusalem Hindley Street ,Lebonese

Lemongrass Rundle Street Thai

Wok by the sea Semaphore chinese

Scuzzy Rundle street Italian

Best indian takeaway Indian temptations Blair Athol............Doesn't look much but read the reviews.....

Katmandu Nepalese Glenelg

Edited by jimmyskinner
more info

Korea is great.

Tin shed cafe for breakfasts in mclaren vale.

The Hilton does great breakfasts too, but not cheap.

I LOVED the manse, but its gone. :-(

I used to eat out loads, but don't tend to anymore.

Windy point is good for the views and atmosphere, food isn't too bad either.

Windy point cafe is good for breakfasts.

The sauce I loved, but not great service. Amazing food though.

I love Outback Jacks in North Adelaide, purely because they have a room full of play stations that keep my kids occupied and mean I can eat in peace. The foods okay as well, but that's less of a consideration given that eating out for us normally means Hungry Jacks.

I love Outback Jacks in North Adelaide, purely because they have a room full of play stations that keep my kids occupied and mean I can eat in peace. The foods okay as well, but that's less of a consideration given that eating out for us normally means Hungry Jacks.

We have a Outback Jacks here and agree its great with the kids area. Food quality varies some days the steaks melt in your mouth other times its as tough as old boots

For people with kids the Walkers Arms hotel does an awesome "eat as much as you possibly can" meal (they also have games desks for the kids) - this includes freshly made donuts .... we used to eat there a lot before ours got too old for the "kids eat free on Tuesdays" deal! Their roasts were excellent and everything is kept really fresh, unlike some similar places we've been to.

After five and a half years of trying many, many restaurants around Adelaide (a tough gig), my picks would be:

Fine dining: Eden at the marina in Glenelg

European/Modern Australian: Faraja on King William Road,

Japanese: Wasai on Field St in the CBD (off Gouger Street)

Thai: Tanapa Thai in Glenelg

Mexican: Lucky Lupita's near Flinders University - soooo yum!

Breakfast: Chianti on Hutt St (mushrooms to die for), Organik Store and Cafe, Glenelg South

Chinese: East Taste, Gouger Street (Cheap and cheerful)

Fish: Cardones, Jetty Road Glenelg

Steak: Cos on Leigh Street, CBD (off Currie Street)

Pizza: Melt on Waymouth Street, CBD Bay Bar Dos in Glenelg or Vic Street Pizzeria in Robe, country SA

Indian: sorry, I have tried loads and don't rate Indian food in Australia. However Balti House on Goodwood Road does a good peshwari naan!

Korean: Mapo on Gouger St ($$$) or Ga Bin on corner Morphett St and Grote/Gouger st ($)

Dumplings: Mandoo on Bank Street (off Hindley St, CBD) for AMAZING Korean dumplings - so cheap and delicious!

Wine bar: Cork on Gouger St, CBD

Ooh and a couple more I just thought of:

Tapas: Mesa Lunga on Gouger Street, CBD

Restaurants with a view: Star of Greece, Port Willunga (great food too), Glenelg Surf Club on the balcony during sunset (cheap and cheerful pub food), Flying Fish at Port Elliot (on the beach),

More breakfast pics: Zest at Glenelg, Jam the Bistro in the CBD (Wright Street),

Higher end pub food: Union Hotel (CBD), Hotel Tivoli (CBD)

Health food/organic, wholesome goodness: Enliven Cafe on Brighton Road, Brighton and Organik Cafe, Glenelg South

Should try Balti house Goodwood rd , goodwood. British Indian style curries, really is! Chefs an Indian guy from Manchester who used to work in Rusholme curry mile.

All the curries are way different to here in oz and take you right back to UK and all the balti dishes are amazing.. Served in the familiar big silver trays, a portion will feed two people.

Hmmm rlc I have to disagree on the Balti House. I think it is definitely the best in Adelaide, but still I'd consider it pretty average in the UK. I went there for the first time last month after hearing lots about it being 'UK style Indian.' Entrees and naans were good but mains still didn't hit the spot for me - all a bit more watery and not as hot as average in the UK. Still, was nice to enjoy pappadams with all the accompaniments and a REALLY good peshwari naan :)

Hmmm rlc I have to disagree on the Balti House. I think it is definitely the best in Adelaide, but still I'd consider it pretty average in the UK. I went there for the first time last month after hearing lots about it being 'UK style Indian.' Entrees and naans were good but mains still didn't hit the spot for me - all a bit more watery and not as hot as average in the UK. Still, was nice to enjoy pappadams with all the accompaniments and a REALLY good peshwari naan :)

Yes, I went there a while ago and it actually wasn't as good as the other ones I have been to. And they left part of my order out! Pretty bland food really.

Yes, I went there a while ago and it actually wasn't as good as the other ones I have been to. And they left part of my order out! Pretty bland food really.

Thirded. After trying quite a few and finding them bland, thought we'd go there based on reviews from this site. Seemed on a similar par to the others to me; I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to eat there (although this was a loonnggg time ago, so things might have changed).

Jim

So many opinions, all places will vary according to personal tastes, and could also depend on what night you went on, changed menus, Chefs night off, chef moved on, new management etc etc, so be adventurous and try any/many then make your own judgments! in the end I think it would be easier and more helpful to reccommend the ones you would not go to again, due to bad food, service, hygiene, ambience etc.

Enjoy food, enjoy Adelaide, enjoy life!!

BP Garage Morphett Vale.... Treat my wife to a pie there every friday sitting on the curb.... She's one lucky lady.

Or on pay day during the month, we put on our best track pants and have a schnitzel at the Emu Hotel.... World Class....

Edited by AussieRob