HUGE November of FREE Events at Christies Beach, City of Onkaparinga

Guest Cityofonkaparinga

Guest Cityofonkaparinga

HugeNovember Under the sea sand sculpture image.jpg

The City of Onkaparinga is delighted to announce a spectacular and eclectic nine day beachside event program this Huge November at Christies Beach – the first of its kind for South Australia.

Sandsculpture exhibition by Sandstorm Events Saturday23 November – Sunday 1 December, open daily Foreshore, Christies Beach

Kicking off the week-long series of eventswill be the opening of an internationally renowned and award winning, 85 ton sand sculpture exhibition by Sandstorm Events.Sandstorm Events will be flying in from across the globe, their best and most talented artists including the current World Champion and 13 times team World Champion, to sculpt eight magnificent ‘Under the Sea’ themed sculptures.Carving of a spectacular feature sculpture will run from Monday 25 November to Friday 29 November (inclusive). The giant feature sculpture, with a seaside Christmas twist, will be on display for the pleasure of visitors on the final weekend of the exhibition. On Saturday 30 November there will be a special lighting effects show over the sand sculptures creating another dimension of the spectacular creations. Sandstorm Events will hold daily workshops and activities. Children can take part in workshops to create their own masterpieces in the sand (entry fees apply) including:• Sandsculpting workshops • Speedcarving/sculptor talk • Sandart• Sandbottles • Sandpens• Sanddiggers

2013Christmas Pageant Sunday 24 November, 10am–1pmBeach Road, Christies Beach Thisyear’s pageant will travel along Beach Road from the corner of Perry Streetto the Esplanade with supplementary activities following the pageant at Rotary Park. On Sunday 24 November enjoy the magnificent marching bands, fabulous festive fun and over a thousand participants in this year’s Christmas Pageant.Then head to Rotary Park and continue the festive celebrations with FREE family friendly activities until 1pm. Activities will include live music performances, roving entertainment, face painting, craftand games, refreshment stalls, sausage sizzle by Rotary Club Noarlunga and ofcourse the big red man himself, Santa. We encourage you to travel green to the event and remember to stay behind the blue safety line, keep dogs on a leash at all times, be sunsmart, drink water and have FUN!

Road closures will be in place along and around Beach Road throughoutthe event. A traffic restriction schedule will be available shortly.

Awards

Mayor Rosenberg will award certificates and prizes to entries for the best:

• representationof the whole city

• entry

• community group

• band

• business group

• dance group

• costumed group

• children’s group

• school group.

BeachsideFood and Wine Festival Saturday 30 November, 11am–10pm Foreshore, Christies Beach

We are delighted to bring back the extremely popular Beachside Food and Wine Festival on Saturday 30 November. Last year’s inaugural festival was an outstanding success with over 45 siteholders participating each day and an estimated 30,000 people attending over the two days. The festival is a seaside showcase of our region’s finest producers of world class wine and food, art and wares and this year there is even more on offer with a fashion parade, a range of children’s activities and rides, stage music performances, camel rides along the beach,animals and roving entertainment! TheOne & All Tall Ship, a working sailing ship of a design based on the original rig of an 1850’s brigantine, will be making an appearance. The festival will held alongside the sandsculpture exhibition and will culminate with a special lighting effects showover the sand sculpture exhibition creating a spectacular summery delight notto be missed!

Special thank you to our mediapartner Nine Network Australia.Follow our events

Keep up to date with our exciting event news.

Edited by Blossom
Removal of links as per forum rules

Guest Cityofonkaparinga
What time are the lighting effects going to be happening?

Hi Huggesy,

The lighting show will be turned on at sunset so we are looking at approximately 8.30-8.45pm and the event concludes at 10pm.

Thanks so much for your interest, hope you can come down and enjoy the event.

Leanne

Events Coordinator

• 3 weeks later...
My hubby's band (The Howling Moondogs) are playing tomorrow afternoon (Sunday) at the Christies Beach SLSC, and I believe Rockfellas (Jedd Band) are also playing at the adjacent yacht club. Hubby's band is made up from some of his guitar students so go along and give them some support!

Rockfellas are at the sailing club next Sunday (8th). They're at Port Noarlunga Christies Beach RSL today. Good job I saw this as my daft husband was calling in to watch the Moondogs before they start playing next week. He wouldn't have it when I told him I was pretty certain they were playing today (1st). Men! :arghh::biglaugh:

Jo the 'Dogs' are at the SLSC next weekend too. I thought it was too quiet at the sailing club today for Rockfellas to be in there lol

Ah, okay cokay. He's not as daft as I thought then. Cheers.