Square Sausage

Guest adlyn2012

Guest Guest75
What is a square sausage?

Sausage in the shape of a square........:biglaugh:

Actually called Lorne sausage I believe??

I seem to remember a thread about this some time ago, have a look with the search facility.

OK, just googled it up, a Scottish thing, gee surely you can make your own! even a mere man could do that one. You just have to find a good sausage meat which will, according to previous threads on this point, be about as easy as finding a good sausage.

Buying a mincer and a square tin would be the best start, actually a rectangular shaped tin, it's the sliced product which is more squarish!

Superior meats at 27 Southgate Plaza,Corner of Sheriffs and Hilliers rd,Morphett Vale, stock Lorne Scottish square sausage. PM me for the phone number, if you want to check before you go. Think the same guy owns the butchers at Flagstaff Hill shopping centre, though not sure, been a while since i have been there.

Hope you manage to get some.

Sue

Edited by flossybeth
Removal of phone number as per forum rules

At Nuriootpa near where I am working in the Barossa, I went in the bakers and they had a block Cornish pasty, very similar size/shape as the square sausage. Never seen or heard of them before either. Out of interest I asked what meat was in it, she replied "the same as the Cornish pasty":goofy:. so to help her a little I asked if it was lamb or beef and she said "it's mince":wacko:. I reckon that if I gave her two goes at guessing which way a lift was going she would struggle.

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi
A%20Medal%20Winning%20Pudding%20Selection.JPG

Here they are all together Fruit,white,black,haggis all slices.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQH6Vfo0mzmb6YAI2AXP30JsJ0AhG4EOlDDFkH17kFtREbqwO-9Jg

Nice wee breakfast pack

Can you hear my tummy rumbling?!? Was just thinking it's Friday night, could just do with a white pudding supper and a can of Irn Bru and then I find this. Drooling now and bloody starving!!!