New Years Eve Celebrations

evojoan

Hi everyone

This will be our first Christmas and New Year in Adelaide and our son is over from the UK for a month on holiday making it an extra special Christmas and New Year. I know there are various fireworks displays on New Years Eve in and around Adelaide i.e Elder Park, Glenelg etc but could anyone who attended any of them last year let me know, in their opinion, which one they would recommend.

Thanks again for answering another of my many questions PIA's

We went to the ones at Elder Park last New Year. We also went to the early fireworks for the kids. I will be honest, I was dreading it. I hate crowds and messing about finding somewhere to park and all the kind of thing that normally goes with these kinds of events, but I had a great time. Although it was busy there was plenty of space, the weather was good and we managed to find a spot to sit on the grass and still have space around us. There were loads of food vans, music that wasn't too loud, plenty of kids and a great atmosphere. The fireworks weren't exactly Disney standard (but then are any?) but they were much better than anything you could do yourself in the back garden. Overall it was a very enjoyable experience and we intend to go again this year.

Thanks for the advice everyone, which one would be more suitable for teenagers and grown up children ?

Either if you stay for late fireworks. We have 17, 15 and 9 year old and have gone to Elder Park last few years. Bands from 6 but more grown up after early fireworks. We have even gone down at 9 or 10pm. Last year we went to the Illusionists (Magic/Illusion show) at Festival Theatre and then out into the park. This year we'll go to the Illusionists 2.0 (another group of international illusionists/magicians) at Her Majesty's Theatre on Grote Street and then walk back to Elder Park. A good time was had by all!