New SA Tourism Advert

Guest Guest12727

I like it - more than the Barossa ad first time I saw that.

My only worry is that if Adelaide gets 'on the radar' interstate people will come here and spoil it.

There is nothing on it that would make you think "oh i want to go there"

That's just as well given that it's prime audience is ... wait for it ... people already in SA. Apart from some cinema showings in Sydney, the advertising spend is concentrating on this state.

It shows an empty stadium, empty streets, and a car from more than thirty years ago - perhaps it didn't quite miss the brief after all.

Guest Guest12727
That's just as well given that it's prime audience is ... wait for it ... people already in SA. Apart from some cinema showings in Sydney, the advertising spend is concentrating on this state.

Well initially, ...............it will then be rolled out to other states.

The theme is 'space to breath' pretty appropriate when trying to convince Sydney siders that Adelaide could be their next holiday destination.

Well, I for one am really excited that South Australia is launching it's own space exploration programme! Been a few years since anyone walked on the moon, about time we had someone new doing it! Go South Australia!!

That's something along the lines I thought :smile:......wouldn't it put Adelaide on the map if we did?....(perhaps I don't like that idea much). A NASA base in Barossa Valley perhaps? :confused: I don't think it did justice to Adelaide at all and I had to watch it a couple of times to see some glimpses of Adelaide. I don't mind "arty" commercials but it has to be in perspective of what you are trying to promote. They could have put so much more like the Festival, Writer's week, Norwood Parade, Clipsal, our lovely beaches and national parks. We are a quieter state, but that is definitely part of our beauty too. But like Howde said perhaps it's good they didn't highlight all those things so we don't get put on the radar.

Go Mount Lofty for a space launch facility! I mean....it puts the rocket a bit closer to space doesn't it.....and imagine those suckers taking off from there! Ha ha - check that out Melbourne with your stolen gran prix and Sydney with your fancy opera thing - we have spaceships launching everyday!

Hey, maybe that mysterious rumble over Adelaide was actually.....a test launch?!

Suddenly I like the video.