Multiple destination travel advice needed

lorluc

Hi,

Im visiting UK later this year and am now considering returning to Adelaide via Greece (Crete to be exact) as I have family there.

Ive been searching on various sites for multiple destinations prices and also by pricing up single trips. Booking single trips is looking cheaper.

Just wondered what the best way is to book? Is it ok to book separate flights for each leg or is that a bit risky (e.g...risky for connections)

Looking to do adelaide to heathrow, gatwick to crete, crete to adelaide (via athens)

Any advice greatly appreciated. Its just an idea im toying with atm....but was also looking at returning to adelaide via gatwick anyway as have friends in sussex I may visit at end of trip.

Edited by lorluc

Guest Claire-n-tel

Is flying into heathrow actually easier for you?

Personally i would do a return trip adelaide to athens.....maybe spend a few days in athens on the way there, or you can just fly straight on......just get flights between greece and uk on their own......generally it is cheeper to fly return to other places in europe from oz than uk

hello

sounds a great trip!!! my normal suggestion would be adelaide to LGW with emirates and then the cheapest flight u can get from LGW to Crete ie easy jet or woteva and then when u leave go Crete to Athens with Aegean or Olympic and then Athens to adelaide with emirates

the adl - LGW route and the ath to adl route will all be on 1 ticket and will be cheaper to do this way and then On that emirates ticket see if you can include the leg from Crete to ath with Aegean as then each airlines will be responsible for you making your flight in Athens and the bags will interlink. this may not be an option depending on your emirates ticket so if this fails do it as a separate one but leave at least 4 hours in Athens - I no this seems ages but if you have to collect bags Athens is not all that easy!! most times I book people the flight before the one that connects perfectly as the amount of times the flights are delayed or cancelled off the islands is unreal!!!

cheers

ps Claire and tel and I posted at the same time so just as an extra the taxes to come out of Athens are cheaper than London so u will prob find it is about the same price to go in to London and out of another location. normally as Claire and tel says it is cheaper to do a return flight unless London is the destination and then it changes things as heatrow and LGw have some of the highest landing taxes in the world therefore making it viable to come out of another location