who to complain ?

Guest adelaideinjuly

Guest adelaideinjuly

I had booked a holiday with car rental with one of the famous holidays booking companies on line, and i received an email from one of your representative assuring that i will not pay any extra fees for leaving the car at another place than airport, then the hire car company charged me $140 for leaving the car at other place , i had send them many complaints with no reply , how can i escalate my complain ?

Guest Claire-n-tel

Did leave the car at a pre arranged office? And you had a booking stating you could do this for the price which you had already paid?....If so why did you pay the extra?.....sorry i'm not being awkward just trying to understand :wink:

Who was the email from stating you would not be charged extra?

Guest adelaideinjuly

I took car from Mel airport and left it in Dandenong

I have an email from one of their employees stating that no extra charge for the above

When u take the car they take your card and charge you small fee , after returning the car they charged me $140

sent several complains with no reply

Guest Claire-n-tel

Firstly....I would call your bank and explain that the company took more money than agreed.

Have you been complaining to the booking company or the car hire company?......

was the email from the booking company or the car hire company?

What does the paperwork from when you collected the car say?

Is the $140 definatly for the return to a different location and not for extra insurance?

I took car from Mel airport and left it in Dandenong

I have an email from one of their employees stating that no extra charge for the above

When u take the car they take your card and charge you small fee , after returning the car they charged me $140

sent several complains with no reply

I had similar problems recently with a uk car hire over fees and charges, I am now at the stage where I will inform my credit card company that these are unauthorized payments, this automatically starts an investigation by the credit card company and these payments show up on your account but do not have to be paid and nor will interest be charged until the investigation is complete.

I have had to do this a couple of times before for other things and each time won my case/point. however be aware your credit cards have to be cancelled and new ones issued so there is a gap with no card for a week or so.

Good luck.

Keith

Guest adelaideinjuly

Thanks for all replies

When i was taking car , they told me of extra charge for dropping car at different place

I told them that i have an email from holiday company confirming that there would be no extra charge

I started contacted company a whole day during my holiday , with no reply for a year now

my question , is there is a place where i can officially complain the holiday company for giving me wrong info

i can't speak to my bank it is one year ago

AIJ

Guest Claire-n-tel
Thanks for all replies

When i was taking car , they told me of extra charge for dropping car at different place

I told them that i have an email from holiday company confirming that there would be no extra charge

I started contacted company a whole day during my holiday , with no reply for a year now

my question , is there is a place where i can officially complain the holiday company for giving me wrong info

i can't speak to my bank it is one year ago

AIJ

I'd agree you have probably left it too late to do anything about it now.....I would say if you haven't tried to recoop your money by now, other than trying to contact the company then it would look like you have accepted the charges.

by the way have you been trying to contact the company by phone or by email? How many times have you tried and when was the last time?

Guest adelaideinjuly

I contacted company by phone and then by mail , almost sent 20 mails , received reply that they started it as a complain and then nothing

Is there is a place where you can complain from their bad commitment and customer service

Guest Claire-n-tel
I contacted company by phone and then by mail , almost sent 20 mails , received reply that they started it as a complain and then nothing

Is there is a place where you can complain from their bad commitment and customer service

What is the company?.....it would depend on what kind of company as to if they have an ombudsman, an alternative you could try trading standards

I had booked a holiday with car rental with one of the famous holidays booking companies on line, and i received an email from one of your representative assuring that i will not pay any extra fees for leaving the car at another place than airport, then the hire car company charged me $140 for leaving the car at other place , i had send them many complaints with no reply , how can i escalate my complain ?

So was the payment for the holiday inclusive or exclusive of the car hire?

Guest adelaideinjuly

Inclusive of car hire based on confirmation from their side that there is no extra charge

Claire will inbox name , not sure if i can post the name