Express Trains Proposed Timetable for Seaford Line

zebedee

It seems that the community group that are trying to get Adelaide Metro to reinstate some form of Express train service have made progress, there is a new proposed timetable with an opportunity to feedback thoughts:

https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/Announcements/News/Proposed-Seaford-Timetable-feedback-welcome

Might be of use to some of you?

It's a subject close to my heart and I am pleased that there is progress - my first thoughts are that the 4:20 service back to Seaford should also be a "limited stopper" as they are calling them.

I don't use the train service any more but I remember well the problems I had when I used to live at Hallett Cove. If you missed an express train it was horrible. So I filled it in as if I was living at Hallett Cove. There seem to be some express trains that will get you from Adelaide to Hallett Cove within 26 minutes which seems pretty good. I live at Goodwood now and if I take public transport it can take me longer than that with all the congestion on the roads. Hopefully it goes through as they need to improve it. Really recommend that people living in the south complete the survey. I've worked with government and I know they take these surveys seriously. Look at the timetable though before you complete the survey.

• 2 weeks later...
It seems that the community group that are trying to get Adelaide Metro to reinstate some form of Express train service have made progress, there is a new proposed timetable with an opportunity to feedback thoughts:

https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/Announcements/News/Proposed-Seaford-Timetable-feedback-welcome

Might be of use to some of you?

It's a subject close to my heart and I am pleased that there is progress - my first thoughts are that the 4:20 service back to Seaford should also be a "limited stopper" as they are calling them.

Thanks very much for this.

For myself to travel to the city the "limited stop' service would mean a trip from Noarlunga to Adelaide of 34 minutes.

The other services would be between 41 and 43 minutes.