Boat hire - recommendations

Ashleigh

A houseboat? On the river?

Yes, I found a company online Hire Boat SA I think it was but VERY pricey, never hired one before so seems pricey to me but that could be the normal price, was just going to contact a few other people/ companies to compare prices if anyone had any recommendations.

Yes, I found a company online Hire Boat SA I think it was but VERY pricey, never hired one before so seems pricey to me but that could be the normal price, was just going to contact a few other people/ companies to compare prices if anyone had any recommendations.

You're not wrong on them being pricey - I just did a quick Google search but there didn't seem to be anything much under $2000 for a long weekend :swoon: - although they do seem to be 8+ berth so if you were splitting it it might not be too bad.

Guest Claire-n-tel

We've done 3 houseboat hires now.....it is expensive tbh, but great fun.....if there are 6 or 8 of you you'd be looking at a minimum of $100 per person per night. You can also spend way more than that depending on the facilities that you want ie how many bathrooms, or a spa etc

Guest Claire-n-tel

Generally the smaller (less berths) on a houseboat the more expensive they work out per person, the is a 2 berth one out of blanch town that is about $1000 for 3 night weekend. whatever way you look at it it's an expensive thing to do......

having said that you don't have to spend money on eating and drinking out as you would in a hotel so if you factor in 3 meals and a bottle of wine a day each it starts looking a bit better

I can highly recommend Griffens Marina at Blanchetown. We (just the two of us) hired Scamp from them for a week a few years ago and it was wonderful. We've also hired Bella Casa from Murray Bridge and are off again soon for a week on a small one from Renmark through Warriuka Houseboats.

• 2 weeks later...