Mt Gambier

Gidza

Guest Claire-n-tel

They sure do......... Suttontown, Mil Lel, Worrolong, Glenburnie, Compton, Moorak and OB Flat are all suburbs of mount Gambia although I know nothing about them :wink:

It's a small town although by Aus standards ifs SA second largest city iirc :) 26,000 or so.

A fair chunk of hubby's family live there but quite a few moved to Adelaide for work after uni. I liked visiting but it's too far from Adelaide or Melbourne for my liking to want to live there. Great scenery up at the blue lake and in the volcanic craters. Has all the usual facilities you'd expect.

• 1 month later...

Been here 4 weeks and I have to agree the weather is pathetic, windy and cold most of the time......and here I was thinking I had escaped the cold British weather.

Aside from this its a lovely town. Very quiet and calm with decent schools and houses especially in the newly built up areas

Been here 4 weeks and I have to agree the weather is pathetic, windy and cold most of the time......and here I was thinking I had escaped the cold British weather.

Aside from this its a lovely town. Very quiet and calm with decent schools and houses especially in the newly built up areas

Are you in Mt Gambier? The weather hasn't been too bad recently. I looked it up and the coldest in the past week was 19 and warmest over 30 with 1mm of rain!

Guest Sarah Bradley

We are on our way down to see you this weekend. I am playing in the Blue Lake Band festival. The town centre turns into a full scale fair and we march up and down the street with Santa as well and play in the hall behind the fountain.