• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Car hire in UK

Hallett Cove, Adelaide
      211 times
      Last time we went back we bought a Ford Galaxy on ebay for 800 pounds.... got a relative to sell it after we left and got 900! Hahaha
      Guest14361 likes this.
      COMPUTER PROBLEMS? PM for cheap rates, no fix = no fee!
      Arrived Adelaide - 16/3/09 (Temporary 475), Applied for PR - 16/3/11 (887), Visa Grant - 12/04/2011, Official Aussies March 2014

198 times
      Was it a 63 fastback nice cars them

from Leeds now in Brisbane, worked in Adelaide - loved it, now back in Brisbane
      916 times
      Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
      Lowered the cdw and Ldw to 1000 sterling and our credit card travel insurance makes them both zero, no excesses at all, there was one or two places that seemed so cheap but add the add ons I could buy a car for some of the amounts required
      One was even over 1300 pounds, sent them a please explain email how can they justify that price, got one back asking for my travel requirements, their next email the price had halved!! my next email told them to shove it up their exhaust pipe trying to rip people off....
      We have used several car hire company's without any real drama, basically we search out who is giving the best deal at any given time, the deals do come and go so you have to make a choice at some stage and just swear if a better one comes along after.
      We do use our credit card insurance for all our travels, however regarding the excess's on car hire, there is some small print which says something like " so long as you have taken-up all insurances offered by the hire company" a get out of paying clause in my eyes, and may not be applicable to all credit cards insurance, but worth noting/checking on any type of travel insurance. Also to take out all the insurances on offer on say a 5/6week hire this would amount to more than any excess.
      There is something about Pheasants and me, three times now a Pheasant as come off the worse health wise, but worse for me financially, but the damage to the car has been less than the excess (and the extra insurance charges if taken up) so really quite happy to pay the repair fee charged by the hire company.

Also how, in the UK, can they charge approx. 50% more for an automatic? that surely is just a plain rip-off!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12