Malaysian airlines Kuala lumpa to adelaide second leg, individual tv's?

Sunny85

We are due to fly out for our reccie in a few weeks and are flying with Malaysian airlines. Am a bit concerned as to whether there are individual tv's in economy for the KA to adelaide part of the journey. If anyone else has used Malaysian airlines for this part of their journey, can you let me know if each seat has it's own tv? Flight guru says that the a330-300 has overhead Tv's but Malaysian airlines website says that it has on demand audio video. Just wondered if anyone's flown with them to adelaide could clarify? Have 3 kids who need entertaining and if there isn't individual tv's il need to think about purchasing some portable DVD players as they won't last 7 hours playing I spy! Was surprised when I saw that there May not be any individual entertainment systems for a long haul flight, have always been lucky I guess...

Unusual to have overhead on long haul these days, There are two versions of the A330, and as you say V1 has overhead and V2 seat back, so I would just check with the airline to see which one you are on. We flew with them last xmas and a year before that and will be flying again in May (all Brisbane to UK though) never had a problem with them or with getting drinks, they are more than pleased to serve if asked.

Have a good flight and reccie.

Put in your airline, flight number and date of travel into http://www.seatguru.com - you should be able to see photos of the interior of the cabin from there which should show you if there are seatback screens. We are flying to KL at the weekend on a A330-300 and it says there are overhead screens throughout the cabin, but doesn't look like there are seat back ones

When are you going @Sunny85? We are back on the 19th Feb and flying on the KL to ADL leg, so I'll try and remember to post up which model we had - apparently there's a V1 and a V2!

Yes that's what I've found having done a bit more research, both the V1 and V2 are used for long haul so wonder if it's luck as to which one you get! We leave 15th march, if you remember to update that would be great!

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, back now and can confirm that the KL to ADL sector definitely does have seat back screens. And @pennyandgill if we were on the same flight, wasn't that fun with the getting on, getting off, and getting on again!?

@Diane We were on the same flight, and no, I'm not quite sure why they got us onboard, only to boot us off again so quickly! At least they found the problem before we took off! At least we had individual TV's to watch!

Ok, back now and can confirm that the KL to ADL sector definitely does have seat back screens. And @pennyandgill if we were on the same flight, wasn't that fun with the getting on, getting off, and getting on again!?

@Diane We were on the same flight, and no, I'm not quite sure why they got us onboard, only to boot us off again so quickly! At least they found the problem before we took off!