Neighbours

Blossom

I used to blooming love Neighbours when it started :cute: I was off school for quite a few weeks with some infection and daytime TV (well, most TV) sucked big time back then (still does :unsure:). Neighbours was this little gem that they started showing twice a day in the morning and lunchtime so I was hooked from the first episode. I was really put out when it changed TV stations or some such here in Aus so had a cast change and Scott was no longer looking like Scott but looked exactly like Jason Donovan :wideeyed: A few other characters left then too or had sudden overnight replacements.

When I was better and had to go back to school I used to then set the video recorder to record it every lunchtime so I didn't miss an episode. Eventually the show got so popular the BBC gave it that 5.30 timeslot before the news so I was always able to be around to see it then.

Can't remember when I stopped watching it though. A few years on when I went overseas I guess. Never really got back in to it after that.

for anyone of a certain age Neighbours very much a right of passage.

anyone who remembers 'plain Jane superbrain' will know what Im on about :biglaugh:

we also did the Neighbours tour, the Irish guy who ran it was very funny. Thing was as neither of us have watched it for years we hardly knew any of the current characters

I am a big Neighbours fan.

As others have said, for anyone of a certain age, Neighbours was the big thing. I remember watching it right at the beginning when Darius Perkins played Scott Robinson, then Jason Donovan took over. At school in the 80's, one of our classmates Maxine went to visit a relative in Australia and upon her return, I can remember us all sitting in our History class listening to what was happening in Neighbours in Australia!

I watched it for most of the 80's, but then when I left school and started work didn't watch it much in the 90's, but picked it up again in the 2000's.

When I came over here in the mid 90's on a WHV, I lived in Melbourne for a period, so I visited 'Ramsay' Street a few times. Back then you could just walk around the suburban street no problem. Now they have a 24 hour security guard on the road.

When we emigrated in 2007 we went on a Neighbours tour and had our photo taken with Janelle (who was recently back in it for the 30th Anniversary). The Melbourne Museum also has a Neighbours section (well it did in 2007 when we visited it) and has a kitchen and Scott and Charlene's wedding cake, photos attached!

DSCF2985.jpg

DSCF2988.jpg

DSCF2993.jpg

I also love Neighbours and have watched it since I was a kid. I will admit to having been on an unofficial Neighbours tour and I went to the Neighbours night at the Elephant place in St. Kilda which was great! Had my photo taken with Toadie and Karl Kennedy and Karl 'Fletch' Kennedy's band was the entertainment. I won the karaoke competition and got about $100 in beer vouchers so a good night all round!